So changes were made, but who cares because were so deep into the end, nothing the Organization does, really matters—does it?

by John Aquila 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

So I called a few jwdubs that still talk to me, not to try to convince them of anything or wake them up but to try to get a feedback on how they took the big meeting change and other announcements.

Generally speaking, all the ones I talked to were not even fazed by the changes. Many of them still didn’t even realize the meeting format had changed and thought the layoffs were a normal thing that happens all the time.

Once they became aware of what I was talking about, all of them welcomed the fact that there will be no more TMSchool. All of them actually expressed that they hated to prepare talks every single week. Many of them hated the fact that there are two or three schools at the same time. One of the TMSchool servants said he doesn’t have to worry about scheduling students, taking care of cancellations, etc. He said, “The GB knows exactly what we need”

A couple of elders that I still talk to from time to time gave me a big speech about how Jehovah is working with the GB in these last days of the Wicked System of Things.

He said that I focus to much on the changes the organization is implementing, like the (carts, jwtv, donation arrangement, meeting changes, etc) and as a result, I’m missing the most important thing, “That we are on the threshold of the NEW ORDER.

He went on to point out that when the Israelites left Egypt, it was a big change from a stable society to wandering in the wilderness. In Egypt they had onions, leeks, housing, etc, but in the wilderness they were wanderers, not knowing where they were headed the next day.

He said that the changes for the Israelites were very frightening, nerve-racking, petrifying. They moved from one place to another at the spur of the moment. The changes from one camp to another were never explained to the Israelites . Jehovah just moved the cloud and the Israelites didn’t question it, even if it looked ridiculous and stupid from a human standpoint.

“They just obeyed”

Those that “Focused on the Changes” lost their life and didn’t make it to the promise land.

So who cares what the organization does, if they layoff everyone at Bethel, so what? If they want all our money, so what? If they tell us to stop preaching, so what? If they tell us to move to the wilderness and leave everything behind, including those we love that are disfellowshipped, so what?

We do exactly as we are told, because it means our everlasting life.

So there you go, it’s like I said before, the greater percentage of JWs you will not be able to help wake up.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They are just ignorant. Do they know anything about the pedophiles and all the lies? Probably not. They'll draw their last breath worshipping the ORG.

They can't make the distinction between what the Bible says, and what the GB say the Bible says. They also don't understand that there is no "Greater Moses" except Jesus. If Jesus is real, he can't approve of the WTBTS and their lies.

DD

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

My point to an elder was that the Israelites had the 10 plagues, the cloud of fire that led them, the parting of the red sea, and the manna they received each day to remind them who was leading them. Jesus gave signs and miracles. Where are these signs with the WT? Only 1 "prophecy" has come true and they even prophesied wrong about that one. Since 1914, they have been wrong about every other "prophecy".

The only thing he could point to was correct understandings of core doctrines (hell, trinity, ransom) and the preaching work. The core doctrines we believe are correct because that's all we've ever been taught and the preaching work is experiencing diminishing returns.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks for sharing that sampling of what JWs are thinking. I've been wondering.

As to what the guy said about wandering in the wilderness, etc., the difference is that the Israelites supposedly saw miracles with their own eyes. They supposedly saw Moses hold up his staff and the Red Sea part. They had reason to believe in Moses and trust him even if instructions from him seemed odd.

In contrast, we have seen over 100 years of failed predictions, outlandish teachings, etc. What we have seen is sort of like Moses getting the Israelites backed up to the Red Sea, holding up his staff, and nothing happening. We have not been given reason to put implicit trust in the org and/or GB. In fact, we've been given ample reason not to trust.

So, I think his argument is invalid.

edited to add: I hadn't seen tim310rd's post when I posted. Obviously, I agree with him.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    DATA-DOG
    They are just ignorant.

They choose to be ignorant. All the information is available, but they are lazy and don't want to spend the hard work researching. Although many of JWs don't know how to research because many of them barely have a high school diploma or were home schooled.

I really feel sorry for them, they are being taken advantage because of their lack of knowledge.Hey even the Bible says that;

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge,

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Yup, no salvation except via the Magnificent 7!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    In contrast, we have seen over 100 years of failed predictions, outlandish teachings, etc. What we have seen is sort of like Moses getting the Israelites backed up to the Red Sea, holding up his staff, and nothing happening, and Moses instructing the isrealites to cross the red sea anyway, insisting that it had been parted 'invisibly'. We have not been given reason to put implicit trust in the org and/or GB. In fact, we've been given ample reason not to trust.

Fixed that for you, magnum

• steve2
    steve2

To be frank, John, when you called them, did you really expect anything else? Because you ask, doesn't mean you'll get the answer you're hoping for.

In fact, most posters here have actually stated that JWs will simply embrace the changes without question.

That said, there are anecdotal reports of older ones finding the changes harder - but that's the case with change in general isn't it? Younger ones appear more adaptable because they don't bring the longer history of practice and learning.

Besides, even if they harbored misgivings about the changes, why would they give you the satisfaction of disclosing them to you?

Why should they express anything other than the party line?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I don't personally believe ignorance is all that is at play here. Sure ignorance plays a part, but I believe the power of indoctrination is greater than any one of us can tell, even after having survived it ourselves. This people are just victims. We were once victims. We were once willing to answer in the same way.There is definitely not going to be anything that will cause a mass awakening, no matter how big the event may be. The branch davidians, at least those that survived, are still alive and many still live in the old compound in Waco, TX.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

He said that the changes for the Israelites were very frightening, nerve-racking, petrifying. They moved from one place to another at the spur of the moment. The changes from one camp to another were never explained to the Israelites . Jehovah just moved the cloud and the Israelites didn’t question it, even if it looked ridiculous and stupid from a human standpoint.

“They just obeyed”

They forgot to read Jesus words in Mathew 24:31-32 "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30"And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other"".

Jesus will send the Angels giving us the instructions (he has a whole legion of angels at his command) and there will be no question in our hearts to seek the warnings, just like Jehovah gave the Israelites the signs.......A manmade organization made up of imperfect men giving us the instructions and must obey regardless if they seem "logical from a Human standpoint"????? HA!!! Yeah tell that to the Jonestown people, the Branch Davidians from Waco Texas and the Heaven's Gate people........

Arrogance...Can't believe how much They insult the Almighty God's and Jesus intelligence that they would need imperfect false prophet HUMANS to carry out the REAL WORK!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit