jw deny rumours moving UK HQ to Chelmsford project has collaspe

by Aleph 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I have asked several Witnesses what level of education they would prefer their doctor or dentist to have when I hear the "university is a waste of time" rhetoric.
  • sir82
    sir82

they just think nowadays university is a waste of 4 or so years, its a missalocation of time.

We are told to have real skills, real friends, and real assets.

What a bizarre argument.

If their were no engineers, architects, doctors, etc. who "wasted their time" getting their degrees, where exactly would all those "really skilled" forklift drivers and drywall installers be working?

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

What a bizarre argument.

If their were no engineers, architects, doctors, etc. who "wasted their time" getting their degrees, where exactly would all those "really skilled" forklift drivers and drywall installers be working?

-

No this is exactly what young JWs are encouraged to go for, yes real skills. All those examples you said. engineers, architects, doctors,

But dont waste time in university learning how to make computer games or some such nonsense.

One of the GBody members said the other day, there is no need for IT people in the new world, but real skills are where its at.

• Magnum
    Magnum

No this is exactly what young JWs are encouraged to go for, yes real skills. All those examples you said. engineers, architects, doctors,

Are you saying that young JWs are now being encouraged to become doctors, etc.? If so, by whom? Are you saying the org is encouraging such?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol
    Formerbrother....
    • "One of the GBody members said the other day, there is no need for IT people in the new world, but real skills are where its at."

Did god tell him to say that? Or was it from his own arse?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Ok, let's put this in context. I would agree that the organisation is not against people gaining "real" skills, including those in the STEM industries. What is disingenuous however is to make out that the organisation supports young people gaining a degree level education at University.

1. get baptised at as early an age as possible (11-13 is great)

2. aux pioneer regularly through school

3. at 16 do a course that will provide a lead into part time work at 18

4. at 18 enter part time work and regular pioneer

5. From there move to Bethel, construction, long term pioneering

6a. If you are male aim to be an MS at 18/19 and an elder before 30

6b. If you are female - keep on knocking on those doors

7. Get married and continue in some kind of full time service

8. Perhaps do part time study for further qualifications IF you have time

Agreed - they like engineers and architects but the route they want is someone that does it through on the job training. So, you become an architectural technician, work on drawings for years in a practice and gain experience, perhaps some further qualifications. They want people who can produce engineering drawings, not Fellows of the Royal Society who did 7 years and opened their own practice.

How about a mechanical engineer. They would be happy to see a young person do a plumbing a gas fitting qualification, work in the industry for a while, whilst pioneering ideally, and then move into the construction teams but they would never support anyone who wanted to go to uni for 5 years to train.

The instructions to elders are clear. If an appointed man supports his child in pursuing a university education then it calls his qualifications into question. Which, in reality, normally means deletion.

You can point to some very qualified people that either are at Bethel or support the organisation at a high level but these people either came into the organisation later in life or pursued a university education in spite of the anti-degree culture in the organisation and have then been courted by the organisation.

When you look at the examples of well qualified people in the publications and videos they NEVER are ones who were brought up as Witnesses. They always became a Witness during or after their education.

The GB do not want their young people attending university. It's a plain and simple fact.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

konceptual99 - "...When you look at the examples of well qualified people in the publications and videos they NEVER are ones who were brought up as Witnesses. They always became a Witness during or after their education."

I'd noticed that even back when I was still in, and often wondered why no one else seemed to.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Anyway back to Chelmsford, does anybody have upto date info on the underground project?

Somebody said they are letting a few more people in, a bit closer than before, does this mean they have got the top back on, so now what remains underground can remain hidden?

I would so love it if an insider could post some pictures or something.

Once they start building over the secret project, it will be very hard to tell what that was all about with the secret underground bunker or whatever it is.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

I wonder if the branch visitor was shown the secret underground bunker at the new site?

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

any news about all the mobile homes being sold off soon

Its a bit like how the branch always sell off the ex CO and branch cars. They always ask more than they are worth.

These mobile homes will be announced to the congregations soon, I bet over priced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit