Let's Consolidate World Branch Layoff Threads - Oct 2015

by TheListener 52 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
  • Festus
    Festus

Somebody already mentioned Denmark. Just to remind that branches in Sweden and Norway was closed couple of years ago. From Baltic Estonia was closed and people moved to Finland.

Finland branch is under renovation so lets see if it will be sold in future....

• karter
    karter

New Zealand branch closed and sold a few years ago.

Karter.

• I am from Austria
    I am from Austria

Branch in Austria was also closed a while ago.

But that made sense!

• TheListener
    TheListener

I can't believe how many branches have been closed and sold.

Are there large branches in the far East?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    At this rate the Watchtower Corporation in a few years might be broad casting live from some rented studio and the Governing Body sitting in some corporation retirement complex for the faithful slave and other key corporation member diddling out wordings for cheap fliers and programming low cost budget videos for the few faithful hangers on trying hard to skin a few dollar off of them in the process.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Can someone help me on this, what does BTT mean?

• prologos
    prologos

back to the top, to add weight to all the content.?

added: just noticed, Brazil letter is supposed to have included all the branch reduction details, Australian letter only dealing with the dumber meeting? local flavours allowed, or added?

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/370130001/index-acronyms-help-new-forumers
    BTT = bounce thread to the top

Scaling the business back shouldn't be a shock. Newspaper companies here have been closing up left right and centre. Everyone has an app or website to get that info from. Doesn't mean anything other than a mode of communication is becoming redundant, or in WTs case, a liability.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Gayle
    Is there a list of the 90 branches somewhere?

Yes here (3 years old - but adresses included): http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/230683/list-branch-offices-country-offices-jehovahs-witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit