talk me off the cliff please

by sowhatnow 14 Replies latest social family

• Mary
    Mary

sowhatnow, sorry to say this, but you really need to be more positive for your son's sake.  He's doing one of the smartest things a young person can do:  getting an education and learning some good skills.  If you endlessly look at the negative side of everything, it's going to end up affecting him and his studies.  Yes, he'll come out of college owing money.  Most people do.  My cousin came out of medical school owing over $150,000 in student loans, but he's a frigging doctor now and is glad he went to university.

From what you've written, your son is smart, so there's no reason to think that he's not going to be able to get a decent job once he's done college.  So instead of worrying about what might happen down the road, you need to concentrate on the positive aspects of what he's doing.  He'll thank you for it in the long run. 

• zeb
    zeb

I get the feeling a lot of what he knows as 'truth' is urban myth. "If suchnsuch college is on your CV it goes in the bin"... really? How does he know this? because someone said it was. It sounds like jw attitudes coming through.

So he is 35 and getting a college education I was 50. I feel he is uncertain perhaps lacking in self esteem and confidence; these two qualities can be considered missing equal to the hours spent in kh.

A step at a time and I wish you both well. 

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hi Zeb.  I believe she said he was 25 and had to postpone because of finances.

Sowhatnow is worried that he will incur too much debt by attending school.

Zeb, you are an inspiration. How did your studies go? And what did you major in?

I'm in my 50's and thought I was too old.  Maybe I'll rethink.

Miss Fit

• zeb
    zeb
    Miss Fit you have apm.
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Zeb. Thanks, so do you.

@Sowhatnow: just checking in to see how you are doing. Any updates? 

Is your son all signed up and ready to go?

My wish for you is that you will be able to relax and find joy and pride in your son's quest for a better future.  

Im thinking of you.

Miss.Fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit