Has anyone thought of the spin that the "society" will put on bethel layoffs?

by Lied2NoMore 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's already happening. Ones I speak with, things I see on pro-JW forums...

Many have completely discounted what has changed since the 20's, 40's, 60's - right up to the past 5 years. They simply say it only matters what is said now. Who cares about old publications? The other favourite one is "don't worry about the details, just ask yourself about the fundamentals - does God exist? Does he care? Is he going to do something?"

It's still the minority that are in the right place to ask themselves those questions and answer honestly. Few will really do anything other than answer a blind "yes" to each of the above questions.

There is plenty of covering the cracks of disillusionment with the wallpaper of cognitive dissonance going on now and it's just going to carry on.

• mrquik
    mrquik
    Those of us that were in the cult know this oh so well. My brother is a congregation overseer. He's very intelligent & could have easily got a college degree. He's now 63 & had to collect his social security early. He drives a school bus for extra cash. It breaks my heart to see him struggle at this point in life. I still talk to him on occasion, bringing up concrete arguments tactfully. He has those JW blinders on & there is no reaching him. At this point in his life it would probably be pointless anyway. I'd rather see him happy in his delusion than heartbroken over all the lost opportunities.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Lied2NoMore:

what do you call someone who just turned apostate?

"ex-bethelite"

It it has often been said here on this forum....Bethel produces some of the best Apostates and Faders ever!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

konceptual99 - "...covering the cracks of disillusionment with the wallpaper of cognitive dissonance..."

I gotta remember that one.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Isn't the annual meeting today? This will see what the official spin is. Are there any trolls at the meeting to give us the insider's view?
  • flipper
    flipper
    Indeed it's already happening - this making of excuses by WT leaders for the layoffs and stopping of most all construction worldwide for the worldwide preaching work. And as Konceptual and others stated JW's don't even question these decisions. They " don't worry about details " in the words of Konceptual because the WT leaders have drilled it into JW's heads that " even though it may not make sense from a human standpoint we need to obey " - that mentality has been downloaded into the hard drive wiring into Witnesses brains where they trust TOO much the GB's information and instructions. If they were instructed to jump off of a cliff right now- they'd do that too thinking it was the greatest instruction on earth. Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Satan is putting an extra effort into turning people away from true worship and all these problems will make what Jehovah does in response appear even more miraculous.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

just ask yourself about the fundamentals - does God exist? Does he care? Is he going to do something?"

Maybe, maybe and maybe.

But even if you answer "yes" to all of these questions, they ignore the real question: Is this religion representing that God?

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit