Has anyone thought of the spin that the "society" will put on bethel layoffs?

by Lied2NoMore 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

First, how about a joke?

what do you call someone who just turned apostate?

"ex-bethelite"

im thinking sometime in the future the society will put a spin on what is happening similar to what has been done in the past.

they will say apostasy once again reared its ugly head in the organization and layoffs was the only way to "cleanse" the organization.

once disgruntled ones begin to use their voice, they will be forced to strike back with some spin to make all those who have the guts to complain look like THEY were the problem.

good theory huh?

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I cant see the GB blaming the lay-offs on apostasy. That would imply that if you were laid off, you must have been an apostate, and i just cant see them doing that specifically.

They are gonna spin it, just like they always do, WITH BS. You can already see the double tongued serpent rearing its head. When you cut members of the preaching work, and the literature used in said preaching work, for the supposed reason to further the preaching work. You are speaking with 2 tongues, and the truth is not in you. That is their "spin" right now. Now if many in the R&F start to, logically, question this explanation, especially as time progresses, then i could see them putting a new "spin" out there.

This remains to be seen, but i dont think they will blame apostates, but this org has become very kooky, and eerratic, these past few years, so we still cant put anything past them.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Anyone on jwtalk.net?

Are they discussing the layoffs at all?

I can't see the private threads but on the surface they seem oblivious.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    They are already putting a spin on it. Heard directly from a family member who heard the announcement that bethel is saying that they are "reassigning" the bethelites to the field because the end is near and more "workers" are needed in the the field. They don't need to spin it anymore than that. The R&F eat up any and all Alarmageddon announcements.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    With the way things are going anything is possible.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Bethelites are no dummies, they see whats's cooking.

After 1975 went, a large number of Bethelites left. After 1995 or so, Bethelites also left.After the turn of the century, a lot of Bethelites were sent home, besides those that left. After 2015, we have this rumor of sending Bethelites home. Bethel is not what it used to be. WT is not looking for people to stay there till death and be a burden and expense in their old age. Seems that they want a turn around of young people to experience Bethel then leave and pioneer. Out of this turn around, certain few are selected because of skills, traits or spirituality and these should stay a good long time. IF they need you they want you to stay, if they do not want you, why stay where you are not wanted. Certainly, there will be resentment. at being rejected, but not by everyone that is asked to leave. It has been posted on this Forum that WT had to request money from the cong donations and besides that, they let jw know of deficit and there is also a sense of awareness by jw that $ is tight. Betheites are insiders, they see what is going on first hand no matter how you cut or spin it.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I called Bethel on 9/25 regarding 1600 layoffs.

The person in the Office of Public Info said:

"We're still receiving details on it. So, we don't really know....Once it clears, I'm sure the congregations will be informed...It's still in the process. We don't quite understand it. We're just happy for the decisions being taken. We're ready to get out there and do the preaching work...so that basically sum's it up."

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

JWTalk is down playing the layoffs and raising the speculation about the nearness of the end essentially. Comments basically reflect one or more of the following themes:

- Jehovah is guiding the org

- This is obviously what he wants

- Jehovah has never anyone faithful down

- Bethelites are capable people and will find work for for their new assignments no problem

- The work is speeding up

- The chariot is warp factor 10 Mr. Sulu

- Stop worrying. Stop complaining. Sit down. Shut the **** up

- It OK to get a little about aroused about Armageddon

Sure - I made the last one up but it's fair to say that chucking out hundreds of people who expected a full time career in catered care is actually generating excitement.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I was sort of projecting farther into the future, maybe a decade passes, or twenty years into the future, no Armageddon, some will look back and wonder, maybe ask for explanations from the society, once again another publication release is needed to cleanse the WT history.

The GB has to know now that not all around them are loyal, with the release of their sacred announcement letter for all to see on the Internet around the globe before anyone was supposed to hear the official decree.

There has to be a bit of paranoia, maybe even GB members are looking suspiciously at each other.

Dunno, just speculating. Liars have to keep lying to make the lies become truth.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

One thing it will do is to make those bethelites that did not get cut, straighten up and fly right.

There isn't a better motivator to get your butt in gear than a 'this could have been you" or a " you could be next"

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit