Japan closed 638 Congregations lost 6,000 Publishers in 10 years!!! WHY?

by Witness 007 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• chicken little
    chicken little
    I had two japanese pioneers stay with us for a convention and holiday. They told me that the reason for always good statistics from Japan was because the elders always put down at least one hour for the publishers even if they did not report as it just was not good form to let the congregation down. They did not bat an eyelid when they told me this. Seemed just fine with them.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I read somewhere that the change to overlapping generations was a dishonorable teaching that they did not like. Meaning more of them understood that the Borg was lying with the change and they lost credibility. They were less willing to just except that the previous teaching was just a honest mistake etc.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Knowledge was not as widely available at that time. Also, the timing was right for JWs. During the 70's there was the supposed energy crisis. There was the cold war. The time was right for an end-times group like JWs. JW doctrines seemed more reasonable than many of us those taught by churches. It seemed to make sense.

You just described why I became a JW Magnum. At least I don't feel so bad now. It was beyond my control.

• traveb
    traveb

The demographics and culture of Japan make for an interesting topic. It's a very homogeneous society, with hardly any immigration to speak of. Plus, the population in general is aging and experiencing a decline. This article states that the population is expected to be 86 million by 2060, down from 127 million currently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Japan

These factors, coupled with the overall slowdown of JW growth in first-world countries, has probably contributed to the JW decline in Japan.

• rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy
    no, I think it happens because many died in earthquakes!
  • rege  brazzy
    rege brazzy

ALSO, MANY JAPONESE EMIGRATED AND MANY BRAZILIANS THAT LIVED IN JAPAN GO BACK TO SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL! MANY WERE BRAZILIAN FROM JAPONESE NSCESTRALITY, BUT AFTER THE CRISIS THEY WERE BACK IN BRAZIL, BECAUSE THEN BRAZIL HAD BETTER OPPORTUNITIES THAN JAPAN TO SANSEIS!

SOOORRY CAPS!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I've also long suspected that WT ideology is - in many ways - subtly at odds with several long-standing aspects of Japanese culture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit