November 2015 Awake

by username 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• username
    username

Ok. When I first looked at the cover of this issue of Awake I was instantly struck on how creepy it looked. My first impressions were the picture looked almost masonic in nature. Well, further investigation has led me to another picture that shows a grand masonic hall. Have a look at both pictures and tell me there is no similarities here!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Where have I seen that circular symbol before - the one hanging from the Masonic building's ceiling? Hmmmm!
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    The first picture is a church. The second is a Masonic Lodge, the difference is seating in a lodge is always on the north and south not in the center of the room as in a church. There will be no movement between the altar and the east. Anyone approaching the east will do so from the side but will not break the contact between the east line and the Bible.
  • maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

That first picture is a church. Nothing more.

I've not been inside a masonic lodge, but I will agree with rebelfighter, they don't have pews.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    What am I meant to be looking at? First picture circular object looks like a clock. Zooming in confirms it. Circular object is masonic symbolism in picture 2.
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo
    I see demonz..
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    The emblem you find in some Masonic Lodges which is a Cross inside a Crown. If you go back to the original Watchtower publications it is on their cover, if I remember correctly in the upper left corner.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    I read somewhere that the founder of the JWS was a 33rd degree Master Mason.
  • blondie
    blondie

If you haven't been in many churches you might think they look the same; but not to me. Looks more like a Catholic Church considering the minister's clothing. Otherwise I have been in Baptist and Congregational churches with that layout.

Now the masonic room seems to have no windows which makes sense since they are a secret society.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    A relative of mine's grandfather became a jdub city overseer (way back when) yet he was a 33rd degree mason. The "cross and crown" most certainly was an early Bible Students symbol and was indeed featured on the WT way back when. Makes one wonder if that connection continues today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit