KM - another evidence for the leaked letter

by fastJehu 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pronomono
    pronomono
    alanv5 hours agoInterestingly in the presentation section it gives options to offer 'this months offer of the Watchtower' or 'this months offer of the Awake'. I thought starting in January there would only be one of the magazines available and the other magazine being published and offered the next month.

That was the impression that I got too, but re-reading the letter it just says we will feature the Watchtower in January and the Awake in February. Seeing both have January presentations in the December KM leads me to believe that we'll get both in January, but feature them in different months. Pure speculation, but that would make more sense because they could do all their deliveries in the odd numbered months and not have any in the even numbered months. And if special orders were done during the odd numbered months too, they could consolidate shipments and have greatly reduced shipping costs. Or the discrepancy could be a transitional oversight. Either way, we'll find out more soon. Hopefully someone will be able to get us a copy of the video for this.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    You know, all the cost-cutting is actually starting to kind of impress me. :smirk:
  • alanv
    alanv

pronomono, Interestingly again I just noticed that in March the offer is the Watchtower AND the Awake. As you say all will soon be revealed.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

HA!

MONTHLY THEME: “We must enter into the Kingdom of God through many tribulations.”—Acts 14:22.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

wifibandit:

"Ha! MONTHLY THEME: “We must enter into the Kingdom of God through many tribulations.”—Acts 14:22."

If that isn't self-fulfilled prophecy....what is?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW GoneBad - "If that isn't self-fulfilled prophecy...what is?"

Predicting that everyone is going to beat the shit out of you while walking around poking them all in the eye doesn't make you "God's Prophet".

It just makes you an asshole.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

what's worse... prophesying everybody will get a good jab in the eye and then subsequently jabbing everyone in the eye!

Like you said....ASSHOLES!

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Interestingly in the presentation section it gives options to offer 'this months offer of the Watchtower' or 'this months offer of the Awake'. I thought starting in January there would only be one of the magazines available and the other magazine being published and offered the next month.

I think the intention is to release a new issue every month, That issue will rotate between being a Watchtower or an Awake. But remember, the issues will no longer be prominently dated. So even if, for example, the new magazine published in February is the Awake, publishers will still be offering the January Watchtower in the month of February. The intention is to have the magazines date-less - like pseudo-brochures. That way there will no longer be "back-issues" for publishers to discard because of being wary of placing an old magazine that shows its date by virtue of it being prominently printed on the cover.

Watchtower knows that many magazines stay back and are wasted because of being back-dated. By making the magazines seemingly dateless, they hope to eliminate the "back-dated" stereotype so that much more magazines are placed and congs. monthly demands will thus reduce a bit, saving them on printing costs.

But I suspect that this latest change is just a transition to another change - eliminating one of the magazines altogether and printing a single named magazine every month, or maybe printing a single 32-page quarterly - once every 3 months, maybe even with a new name that includes the word "quarterly" to make it sound meaty - which will effectively reduce their magazine printing by 33%, the equivalent of printing less than 11 pages per month!

I suspect this to be the case because the latest change just seems too unorthodox to be a well thought-out long term adjustment. It seems more like an emergency stabilization/transition measure until they come up with a better long-term strategy.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Ooooh "Jw.Quarterly" or "Christian Life Quarterly" - quick somebody trademark it and get the website locked down.
  • freddo
    freddo
    Regarding December KM there is no "Offer the Magazines During ... (January)" item in it either unlike all the previous months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit