Can Elders Voluntarily Resign?

by NotFormer 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""The CO was actually kinder""

WTF? Did you pinch yourself to check you were not dreaming?

But really,,,I guess each personal dilemma is different.

Depends what mood this particular dude CO is in.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    You end up sort of a nobody.

Truer words...

No one gets out alive

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its public shaming hey?

Its a way to mar,,or tarnish you.

• pontoon
    pontoon

When I stepped down the other elders treated me like shit. Don't know if it was because I didn't take their counsel not to step down or not. Sisters in the congregation were mostly OK.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    LostintheFog1999
    It's easier to step aside and walk away, than to say the wrong thing and get kicked out.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

So agree with this - I have had so much peace since gently but firmly fading away.

• blondie
    blondie

I know several elders didn't want to be elders any more and the BOE told them they could not step down, the BOE had to approve it! One elder told them that he would no longer do the "privileges" assigned to him, and there were a lot, because other elders would not do them and dumped them on him. He told them they would look really foolish on Sunday when he did not get on the stage to conduct the WT study. The other elders realized that would cause other problems for the BOE, so the elder was allowed to step down, and nothing was bad announced about it (that has happened more than most jws realize). Yes, the elders did treat him like crap. Six weeks later, he just stopped coming and politely said he had nothing to discuss with them. Of course, spreading your own story around, would cause trouble for that elder. I know of elders who moved to another congregation and turned down the "privilege" to be reappointed in that congregation, not even as a ministerial servant.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - β€œβ€¦It sounds like the whole org is built around kicking people out; just letting people walk doesn't seem like an option in anyone's eyes…”

Yeah, no way anything like that could ever come back and bite you in the ass…

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit