Another Galling WT Study

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• flipper
    flipper

I like this quote about the elders- this is pretty funny- " Never would we want them ( the elders ) to lose their joy or to sigh because of something we do. " Yeah, right.

How about this quote being re-written more accurately, " Never would we want the brothers or sisters to lose their joy or to sigh because of something the ELDERS do. "

I think that's a tad more accurate. Give me a break

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

18. How can we strengthen our brotherly love for our elders? 18 “Remember those who are taking the lead.” (Read Hebrews 13:7, 17.) When we think about the hard work that our elders do for us—all without financial reward—our brotherly love and feelings of appreciation for them are strengthened. Never would we want them to lose their joy or to sigh because of something we do. Rather, by our obedience and submission, we “give them extraordinary consideration in love because of their work.”—1 Thess. 5:13

JW: So GB brothers, I see that you would not want the elders to lose joy or sigh because of something you do. Is that correct?

GB: Well, yes.

JW: So then, if the elders lose joy and sigh because of something you do, does that mean you are going to stop doing it?

GB: No! No! Not at all!

JW: Could you explain that answer please?

GB: Well, we are not going to change what we do. It's just that we don't want the elders to lose joy and sigh because of what we do. It's very simple. If the elders lose joy and sigh, they will have to examine themselves and make whatever corrections are necessary so as not to lose joy and sigh. An adjustment in their thinking may be necessary. In fact, an adjustment in the thinking of all JW's is necessary at times. Except ours, of course.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Listen, Obey and be Blessed.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

STFU and be stressed.

DD

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Just had another (disappointing) thought concerning this magazine. Whilst it is the first 2016 edition, yet the pseudo sages of the writing committee have not wasted any time in getting their oar in re Heb. 13:17. They're frequent use of it is becoming frightfully boring. The writing committee is perhaps experiencing a lack of resilience, versatility, imagination. Time the Heb 13:17 dripping tap was tended to! So repetitive!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It seems like something is lacking in stimulation too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit