Another Galling WT Study

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    From what I've heard, "brotherly love" is often taken in interesting directions at Bethel. :smirk:
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Kicking elderly ones outta bethel , after many, many years of service to the watchtower......was NOT showing brotherly love. Them gb lames should practice what they preach!!
  • Tricked
    Tricked

Quite often, there would be studies and articles about "respecting those taking the lead" which I never felt applied to me. By their own standards, these Elders were meant to be loving and interested. Never did I receive a "Shepherding Visit" (thankfully) and more often than not, not even a "hello" at the KH or in field service.

I'm not sure if they felt I was doing ok as I never missed meetings and did around 35 hours ministry every month. Now that I haven't been to meetings or service in nearly 4 months, I'm slightly offended that I was indeed truly invisible. No-one has even chased up a report from me, which makes me wonder if any of the slips I previously posted in the service box were actually counted or looked at. The last few months I was in, I was always sitting at back of hall and first to leave after the prayer so maybe they realised I wasn't worth their efforts.

• prologos
    prologos
    Joe Grundy. "-- hard work that our elders do for us, -"-? actually the work they do for the WTBtS. Inc. and it's affiliates.
  • steve2
    steve2

The obedient sheep lies down before the shepherd ready to be sacrifiiced because that sheep knows to disobey is futile.

And whilst on to the sheep/shepherd metaphor, even a "good" shepherd has to lead his sheep to the slaughter from time to time other wise how does he make a decent living?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

When we think about the hard work that our elders do for us

I'll go ahead and object to this premise. In the past, it may have been hard. Today, its just time consuming. As long as you are wiling to shove your family into the back seat and give a lot of your time to the cause of the WTS then you are elder material.

That's exactly why so many elders resign eventually, and the smart ones coming up in the ranks don't "reach out" for the silliness of being an elder. Its a title with the privilege of getting the scoop on all of the dirty laundry in the congo. Certainly nothing of great value deserving extra respect from the troops, and many are recognizing that and refusing to bow down and kissing the rings of the elders.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey Elders, guess what?

1) Luke 17:10, that's what!! You are a good for nothing slave! Do your duty and stop bitching! Do want a medal for doing your job?!?! Do you need constant validation that you make sacrifices? Newsflash chucklenuts, we all make sacrifices.

2) Luke 17:2!!! Your being an Eldub, even if Jehhibbityhop appointed you, does not absolve you of responsibility for offending the sheep! You are more accountable, not less! It would be better for you to be tossed into the sea with a millstone on your neck, than to stumble a sheep by your bad example!

Why don't you tell Jesus to STFU and not get so upset when you screw someone over by your Pharisaic behavior? This goes DOUBLE for the GB and their lying legal team!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ steve2...

Yup.

Shepherds, wolves... either way, the sheep gets eaten.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When the flock need to be reminded to show "respect" to the elders, it usually means that such respect was not naturally forthcoming!

Why?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Never would we want them to lose their joy or to sigh because of something we do. Rather, by our obedience and submission, we “give them extraordinary consideration in love because of their work.”—1 Thess. 5:13."

How about when the shoe is one the other foot? Do the Elders ever consider when they make the rank and file loose their joy or sigh? My past experience with some Elders has been they could not give a rats ass if they cause you any pain or sorrow. When I see the love return to the JW religion, then I MAY have some respect for these "Men". Respect is earned not given freely.

What we have experienced over the past year or two with an Elder (COBE) is disturbing to say the least. I will give respect where it is due and when it is earned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit