W5 Investigation

by Christian Gutierrez 67 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Christian and Katja, Very good job and thank you for the sharing of such painful things in your past. The help you are giving via the broadcast is immeasurable. It will reach people again and again for years to come.

With your help, many will NOT be seduced by the JWs. That alone is a HUGE deal. The current JWs that allowed themselves to watch will definitely be thinking.

I have followed your youtube videos and like your clear and interesting presentation.

Thank you.

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

I want to respond to each comment individually but I think I might clog up the forum. Thank you all for your kind words. You have no idea how much it lifts our spirit when our family is so angry with us right now about this report. Makes us feel less lonely. A lot more motivated to keep pushing the tower.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Hopefully the tower will fall Down one day and no one can be trapped in it anymore

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I guess I'm a little late to the party....what is W5?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ My Name...

Essentially, the Canadian version of 60 Minutes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I gotta say, I'm having a hard time imagining anyone being interested in studying with JWs after seeing the stuff that's been coming out lately.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I was watching the documentary from the perspective of how a non JW would view it, and I thought that Katja and you came across extremely well and were unfakeably genuine. Well done! Just came here to say that. No need to reply.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

What a powerful story and a very well done report.

After having so many friends and family affected by these horrible policies, all I can say is that I have so much admiration and respect for those who find the courage and strength to speak out. As a former elder, this stuff makes me sick, but i am so grateful to be out. It just makes me sad that the rank and file do not realize how vile things are behind the scenes. I've seen pure evil that will stop at nothing to protect the organization. There is nothing you can do from within - the only thing that will win is this type of "spiritual" warfare. Keep bringing the heat. What a disgrace - after watching this it makes me truly embarrassed for those who do not recognize what truly goes on in the "truth".

When the victims are disfellowshipped and the perpetrators are protected, you find that you are truly among the ultimate whitewashed graves.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the report was very well done. It's a relief when news channels actually report something accurately because they so often make careless mistakes.

Did I understand correctly, the programme mentioned that the settlement in Candace Conti's case was $3 million? I thought the amount was to remain secret? If there are many such settlements the costs could quickly mount up. And in the class action lawsuit over $60 million?

If it's a choice between changing their two witness rule or going bust, I wonder which Watchtower will choose.

• steve2
    steve2

If it's a choice between changing their two witness rule or going bust, I wonder which Watchtower will choose.

SBF, it is now less likely that they will modify the two-witness rule as a result of the class actions and adverse publicity because they doubled down on this "rule" in a recent JW.org video. Of course, they did not link that video to the ARC and other developments (typically sneaky of them), but there is little doubt it was prompted by those developments.

This is one hell of a haughty organization that congratulates itself for protecting "truth" and "new light" above all else. It would be huge and unbearably awful humble pie to "adjust" its position on the two-witness rule given that it has been one of the main demands of apostates for over 15 years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit