1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    when he was gassing the Kurds we just sat back and did nothing because at the time he was seen as an ally of America.

One mistake of inaction does not excuse another.

I feel for all my other humans regardless of the differences.

But obviously not enough to support action to free them from a brutal regime.

I think 99% of those Iraq's want to live and enjoy life as much as we do.

I know that they do. I've talked to Iraqis, I've talked to Arabs, I've been to their countries. They want the same as we do: happiness for their families and prosperity. The only way Iraqis have a chance of that is if the regime of Hussein is removed. Why are you against the only way to remove that regime?

I like millions of others have not bought the reasons why we are going to war,

What do you need to see? Saddam Hussein murder someone in your presence?

Expatbrit

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Brummie,

You made a good point about Hitler. After world war one the German people was very poor there was hunger and despair. When he took power he brought prosperity and pride back to the German people. I know years ago we questioned an older German sister about why they allowed him to do such awful things etc. Her response was that he was good to the German people so they never questioned him. Also that fact that he murdered thousands was kept away from the average German people. I guess I can't judge her motives as I didn't live through her experiences.

Will

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Sorry William the post you read from WildTurkey was from me LyinEyes.........this is the third time I have done that today.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    I have a hard time believing that William. There were alot of horror stories coming out of Iraq about the treatment of the people and now that we are there - more and more stories of torture and other horrible atrocities are surfacing- and we are hearing about it.

We have not begun to interview the Iraqi people- only a few so far. As time goes on, more stories will come out and then it might be more apparent just how much they really do want to be freed from this hell they live in.

XW

What about the Horror stories from vetrans of the gulf war, and clean up crews, that were around Depleted Uranium?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Expatbrit

You stated;

But obviously not enough to support action to free them from a brutal regime.

Why are you against the only way to remove that regime?

Again we are going to agree to disagree. Seems to me we allowed him to rule for 20 plus years and now all of a sudden we are concerned about his atrocities. No doubt he should be taken out of power but why now? There are a lot of other evil dictators in this world. Why has the US decided to go after him now? We can rehash all the arguments here but the US did not make its case to a majority of the rest of the world and that is why they see it as the US having a hidden agenda. Can't you see the hypocrisy here?

Now the war has started the only thing we can hope for is that there is little loss of lives. Although the worst part of the war has yet to start.

Will

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Each of your comments have been shredded by better minds than mine in other threads.

Well I must have missed those threads. All I've seen is a combination of delusion and anti-Americanism.

So do explain it to me, Robyn. Is it that Saddam's regime isn't in fact brutal and despotic? Perhaps the Iraqi people haven't suffered horribly for 12 years? Or is it that diplomacy and sanctions have been in fact a stunning success?

Or if the Hussein regime is brutal and dangerous to the Iraqi people and the Middle East, then please tell me exactly how it can be dealt with without using the military? May there are some resolutions that could yet be tried that he will respond to? Perhaps a nice rousing chorus of Kumbaya will awaken his tender sensibilities?

So I wait with baited breath for you to lay out the anti-war faction's great answer to the question of Iraq. A solution that doesn't mean a return to twelve years of poverty and suffering and failed diplomacy, yet avoids the use of military force.

I can't wait!

Expatbrit

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Lyineyes

OK I will address it to you then, by the way what did I say?? LOL

Will

• animal
    animal

Some of you may be glad to hear that one of those not wanting to have a war just threw some granades into a few tents... US Soldier... 101st Airborn... in Kuwait.

I wonder if he will live thru the night? I hope not.

Animal

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

An American soldier is among three people being questioned in connection with a grenade and small-arms attack that injured at least 16 U.S. soldiers at Camp Pennsylvania in northern Kuwait, reports CBS News Correspondent Mark Strassman, who is on the scene with the Army's 101st Airborne Division.

Eleven of the injured were hurt so seriously they had to be choppered out of the camp.

Strassmann said three grenades were rolled into three officers' tents at the camp. When officers ran from the tents, they were hit by small arms fire.

Three suspects were being held for questioning: two Kuwaitis who served as translators and an American soldier described as a sergeant who was in charge of guarding the grenade depot.

The American was found injured and hiding in a bunker. Asked if he was hurt throwing a grenade, Strassman reports the soldier replied, "Yes."

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Expatbrit

Well I must have missed those threads. All I've seen is a combination of delusion and anti-Americanism.

I know Robyn can speak for herself on this, Just because she disagrees with the war she is anti-American. I disagree with the war but I am not anti-American. Isn't freedom of speech all about what our great countries are built on? Are we going back to the MaCarthy days when we had to believe the way he did or be labeled as anti-American? As I said we all want the same ends it’s just the means to the end we disagree on.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit