1,2,3,4 We Don't Want This Bloody War

by Robdar 367 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

I cannot believe Simon is letting you get away with trashing people the way you have been lately.

Simon why is Charlie allowed to call me a moron or to call anyone any name when you have locked a thread because TR used the word Freak to discribe anti war protestors in the title? It's getting out of line and I suggest you do something about it. After all you've busted people here for sending Charlie unpleasant private messages.

Simon I know this is a personal thing with you, this war business and I suspect you will handle this Charlie thing once more. You can see how it's one way here right? I mean if you are anti war you're allowed to call people names. If you are pro war you have to tow the mark.

For pitys sake ...

Someone says something and because I haven't "leapt in" after about 10 minutes then I'm "letting people get away with it"?

I'm not defending TH and think he should calm things down (please take heed TH) but pro-war people have said some prety nasty things about people too. Claiming I'm letting anti-war people insult people is just rediculous and fankly pisses me off.

I think everyone needs to drop the accusations and appreciate other people's point of view a little.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Truama,

I know that you feel very strongly about this issue, as do many of us, but please level the tone a little. This is how wars start!

HS

• LB
    LB
    Claiming I'm letting anti-war people insult people is just rediculous and fankly pisses me off.

Simon it isn't just 10 minutes. It's been going on for days now and the only time I've seen you take any action was against a pro war user. But come on Simon, you've allowed Charlie to say whatever he wants here for days now. Several users have noticed this and IMed me about it wondering what is going on.

So I've pissed you off? Imagine now Shelia might feel. Charlie has gone overboard here. Besides, is calling me a moron any better than TR calling protestors freaks? Pretty one sided and I hope you are just as pissed as I am right now.

Time out for me, it's worked, Charlie got under my skin.

Notice I haven't called him a name, yet. But if you allow this to continue then I think you'll see your site get ugly.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

No matter what our views are on the matter, the war has started. There is nothing we can say to stop it. Hopefully, Iraq will soon be a free country. Isn't that something to be thankfull for?

Just my 2

• riz
    riz

(((((((((((((SheilaM and son)))))))))))))))

i hope he (and everyone else) returns home safely and soon. that's all i'll say for now.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yes indeed WIldHorses, I think that is the best possible outcome.

• Simon
    Simon

LB: That's is not true.

Things have got heated on both sides. From your point of view, whatever pro-war stuff that is posted is reasonable and true. For other people this will be insulting rubbish just as you may feel the anti-war stuff is. We have edited / deleted some pro-war comments just as we have some anti-war comments this whole week and some threads have been locked.

As long as people can stick to the topic and not become too insulting then a bit of leeway is expected as it's such an emotive subject.

As I've already said, I think TH has gone too far but so have other people on other topics. I think everyone needs to back off a little.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Simon,

No, I'm not trying to be dramatic here- I posted the thread to call for a moderator to see if anyone was on board. This isn't the first TH attack on others in many days that I've read. With the words I put in that thread, I wasn't really referring to the most recent one in the most recent thread. I apologize if it appeared that I was accusing you of not being on top of that quickly enough- that truly wasn't what I meant at all. There have been many other displays of the same nature in the recent past. I would never expect that you would be so all over a situation so quickly.

I'm sorry if I came across that way.

XW

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Simon, it is times like this, that I feel so sorry for you. You're damned if you do, damed if you don't.

Although I have changed my mind and am now in favor of this war. I will be glad when it is over, so that people can heal and move past this. War helps and hurts everyone and that really sucks.

Please try not to take what people say personal. War brings out the worst in people.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

All I can say is that this war has made some strange bedfellows on this board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit