I may have finally figured out why some today think we are responsible for what others did centuries ago....it's in the bible

by StoneWall 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Stonewall, I respectfully disagree with some of your characterizations. I have carefully researched each of your objections to Christianity.

Regarding your notions of right and wrong, fair and unfair etc.; where do you believe they come from? Blind chance? Survival of the fittest? Is that what you believe?

If these ideas and standards of justice can now survive in a political climate that is allowing them to survive, isn't that consistent with how you believe all things have come to be? What possible platform could you be standing on that would make allowance for your moral outrage?

I'm just trying to figure where some in today's world can even get the idea others are responsible for things that were done before they were born.

Couldn't this just be another step on the evolutionary journey according to your worldview?

• waton
    waton
    I was just trying to figure where these people think we owe them anything for what happened in the past. I've never owned slaves and they've never been slaves

SW: compensation to pay to former slave families? on the contrary, compared to their relatives left behind in the 'dark continent', they have greatly benefited. Let us allow them to pay us the difference in equity, standard of living, sanitation, health care , innovation, hope for the future, between our coloured and their stay at home relatives, (easy with generic tracing)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit