The only way to preach!

by ToesUp 14 Replies latest social humour

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This pic was posted on a pro JW site. Easy way to get your time in...

No need for special pioneers!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    and for my next trick... I'll sing a song!
  • OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations
    Maybe they'll make the carts motorized and autonomous, wandering the sidewalks like a celestial roomba.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Is anyone surprised that there isn't a can with a slot, or mail-in envelope for donations?

Doc

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Is anyone surprised that there isn't a can with a slot, or mail-in envelope for donations?

or one stage further--put a donation in a slot--and a gadget then delivers an audio info-mercial

• steve2
    steve2

Everything in the photo is detached: The brother is detached from the sister and they, in turn, are detached from the trolley. There is a veneer of closeness with his arm tentatively outstretched on the back of the bench. A cobtrived act of love.

This is JW preaching 21st-century style: No real engagement, no urgency, no effort, no Starbucks in sight. Sad.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

nice observation steve.

I wonder if its photoshopped.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    The cart in my local shopping centre is manned twice a week. Only in the mornings. One day two old sisters are standing right next to the cart holding magazines in their hands trying to get people to take them. The other day it is manned by younger sisters who stand a few yards from the cart leaning on a fence talking to each other. Years ago I definitely would have been in the latter category. Much better than door knocking.
  • millie210
    millie210

That picture is odd looking. The focal point is the cart.

Why?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    If that was me I'd have a sign on the sale shelf "Plz leave donation if you take one" and be in the bushes with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit