A funny idea about dating in the paradise...

by JW_Rogue 29 Replies latest social humour

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

How in the hell would it ever work? Everyone is youthful, everyone is perfect, everyone's personality is loving and kind. How would you choose somebody? Just randomly or what? Another thing that just doesn't make sense.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

And remember, naked.

• carla
    carla

Wait, jah not only clones everybody but makes them nice? loving and kind too?! wow! so then some jw's will not actually be themselves? hmmm,

• Incognito
    Incognito

I seem to recall it claimed there will be no need to procreate in the new system since the earth will be filled to capacity.

I also recall those resurrected will not have sexual desires (Eunuchs) so perhaps anyone not married in advance of Armageddon will also not have sexual desires and therefore, no need for a dating partner.

Anything stated by WT on this subject is all fiction and should be considered as such.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What about looks? I know some witnesses that have less than perfect looks...will big ears go? Long noses?

What about bums? I know big booties are the fashion now but personally I don't like them. So is Jehovah a booty man? Will all dubs have big booties because that is " perfect" or will they be super skinny, as is my idea of perfect?

I've got big boobs but I detest them, I want to be tall and willowy...anything less than that is not perfect in my book!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

How would you choose somebody?

Maybe "Nulite" will come floating down on one of the "princes" and we will be allowed to choose someone to date like we buy shoes, or buy a vehicle. Try them on, or take them for a "test drive" before buying them.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Arranged marriage?

• stillin
    stillin

Wow! I'm physically perfect, good-looking, kind and generous, on a hotline with the Creator of the Universe and I'm a dime a dozen, not a naked beauty to be had! What a drag!

• jws
    jws

Matthew 22:30 - At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

And as they say, dating is only for marriage. And if you're not getting married...

But then again, wasn't it angels that lusted after the daughters of men and led to the flood? So angels get horny. Why God created angels that could even get horny, who knows? Typically that's chemical processes like hormones. I thought angels where ethereal, not physical. But if angels were created to get horny, but not allowed to have sex with human women, what then? With each other? Angels are usually pictured as men. So is heaven one big all-male orgy? That would throw the Christians that are against anything gay for a loop.

But to answer the question - if this fantasy were real... Even among all nice people and attractive people, other things come into play. Are you both interested in the same things? You could be perfect and love hiking or not. Love gardening or not. In theory, aside from beauty and charm, you'd want somebody who's into the same things you are.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    How in the hell would it ever work? Everyone is youthful, everyone is perfect, everyone's personality is loving and kind. How would you choose somebody? Just randomly or what? Another thing that just doesn't make sense.

Maybe going back to ancient bible times when you would just buy a woman, trade her, or have your friends sexually assault her as they please, just to show hospitality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit