I just found out that my youngest brother committed suicide

by SnakesInTheTower 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Distracted
    Distracted

I lost someone very close to me due to suicide. I didn't think I could handle it, and I was going through a very atheistic period in my life, so I didn't feel there was hope of ever seeing them again. The whole thing was devastating to me and I didn't see how I could go on.

However, that person started leaving little unmistakable signs that they still exist, for me and other family members. It helped us all to get through it. I went from being an atheist to agnostic. I don't have many answers but I know there is more than this life.

It is my hope that you get whatever comfort you and your family needs.

• blondie
    blondie

Suffer loss...maybe not for what was but for what might have been. Good thing your brother cared enough to call you. I have had my one brother call me alone and drinking and depressed. Lives 3,000 miles away. I did have a friend in a support group commit suicide...that still bothers me and it has been 15 months.

Take time to process it, keep close to your loved ones.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh that's terrible. I'm so sorry.

Shock is understandable.

Your feelings will come, and they will probably be mixed--sadness, horror, anger, and maybe eventually relief that he is no longer suffering. These are all ok things to feel.

He probably just wanted to be free of the pain, and now he is.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Rich - I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    Sorry for your loss. 38? I don't know myself how to process this type of things.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    I am really sorry to hear this. You will definitely be in my thoughts. I hope reading this thread and all the love and concern that we have for you on the forum helps just a tiny bit in your processing the grief.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am so sorry, that is just so sad. There is no "should" when it comes to grief, different people process these things in different ways, I am sure at this point you are just still in the denial stage. It may hit you all at once in a day, or a week or a year, or just gradually over several months. I think that when suicide is involved it's more complicated, your sadness may be mixed with anger, so don't be surprised if your emotions are over the place .

We are always here if you need to vent.

Lisa 🌹

• nmthinker
    nmthinker
    I'm sorry for your loss. Truly tragic.
  • done4good
    done4good

So sorry to hear this, Rich. I have no adequate words...This will take time to process. Whatever you do, don't think that reacting or not reacting a certain way means you are doing something wrong. There is no "right" way to handle this...

Jason

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Snakes;

So sorry to hear about this.

God Bless!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit