I just found out that my youngest brother committed suicide

by SnakesInTheTower 113 Replies latest jw friends

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Rich, I missed your OP, my account is only 5 months old and I haven't read everything. I'll take the opportunity now to wish you strengh for everything that happened so far and I hope you were able to get enough rest as well. I also hope you can cope with your mother and that you'll be able to connect emotionally...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm glad you got to see your niece and it went well Rich. Hope you get to see your nehew as well.

My family is in town this week, don't know how that is going to go. I have NO emotional currency in the bank for nonsense.

I don't blame you Rich. I was at a funeral two days ago and my JW family avoided me. I can't cope with the nonsense anymore either so I avoided them too. Bloody stupid when it involves death of loved ones isn't it? Wishing you strength and peace.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Rich, I'm sorry I missed this the first time round.

Just want to send you my condolences.

Be kind to yourself. If you can't suffer fools gladly when your family visits, then don't. Let them know your actual thoughts witnout the, "but I might piss off the JWs" filter.

Be polite and kind as you would with anyone else in the world, but you don't have to tiptoe through the tulips so as not to upset them. You don't have to pretend that he's sleeping and will be resurrected shortly. You don't have to shy away from saying that you're devastated that he's gone and none of the family will ever see him again.

They are adults and should be in control of their emotions. Don't let them emotionally blackmail you. Everybody has the right to express their own grief as they feel it.

So sorry you're going through this. Wishing you strength...strength and peace.

GT

• millie210
    millie210

Just wanted to say hello and offer ongoing support and love to you in handling everything that you are dealing with.

Glad the meeting with your niece went well. I hope it goes smoothly with your mom in town as well.

Thank you for updates, take good care of yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit