So What Drastic Money Change is Next?

by OnTheWayOut 78 Replies latest jw friends

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

I do know they were talking about people that made a vow to pay jehovah need to pay it , didn't say tithing but basically the same thing , they don't want to sound like the BTG there , they didn't make me take a vow to get baptized but maybe that's next . In the kingdom come book they discussed how the apostles left everything behind as a loss , they like be more subtle in their insinuations as again they took on the charity tax break so can't set specific money amounts .That first church , everyone sold everything and they divided daily portions out of it .

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Boredposter: Is it possible congregations that don't keep up with the asked for amount of money would be disbanded? Even if they are considered spiritually healthy in all other ways?

I can't resist making this comment. No congregation (or individual) is considered "spitually healthy" if they are not donating an expected amount.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Where possible, instead of building a kingdom hall, they'll have smaller congregations meeting in private homes. Think of how much they'll save in utility bills and construction costs. They can easily spin it by saying they're returning to the first century model and that smaller congs. mean the elders can give more attention to each member.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Island Man - They might it even spin it as a safety precaution - keeping the government in the dark when the great tribulation breaks out. It would give the JW's goosebumps because once again - it's so close!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

meeting in peoples homes again where paedophiles in the congregation can freely enter? not in a million years

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What jookbeard said.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Prosperity gospel conman Creflo Dollar does a clever thing... he sell his shitty self-help CDs and DVDs for a "love gift" of like $30.

https://www.creflodollarministries.org/Love-Gift

For the Bethel spies who monitor apostate sites, here's what you say:

"God's organization has been faithfully providing "manna in the wilderness" via our magazines and publications. The Israelites loyally donated their gold earrings and silver trinkets to be melted down for use in the tabernacle. We too should be glad to honor Jehovah with our valuable things. Jehovah would be pleased to accept your love gift of £49.99 a month (dont forget to tick the gift aid box). Doesn't this show our love to Jehovah's organization? How else can we donate to Gods organization? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and lovingly donating these things for use by Jehovah's servants. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."

• Boredposter
    Boredposter

On the way out:

Thanks for the answer (which I pretty much expected) but I couldn't resist asking the question anyway. :)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimbyfat - "To cover running costs, which was hinted in Lett’s broadcast in 2015 ('the sale of a property only covers costs for a few months') and confirmed by these comments..."

Jeezus, only running costs?

Just how much overhead does the WT Corp. have, anyway?

What did they do, take out a bazillion-dollar loan back before the crash in '08?

Donations can't be that high... the paying membership in the developed world are the lowest-educated - and therefore lowest-earning - in the developed world, and the so-called "growth" in the Third World is poor as shit.

Where the fukk are they gonna get the dough for all the coming pedo payouts? Bitcoin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit