Lloyd’s new book

by jwfacts 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon
    But this has not aged well.

Yeah, like milk left out in Miami

not on this forum, as far as I'm aware ...

I'm not aware of any comment being made, anywhere.

From the OP:

Lloyd is earning far less from his JW activism than he could working full time in his business as a translator.

Think about this. How would he know? It signifies either a complete guess or intimate knowledge of his finances (and so a close relationship).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Lloyd is earning far less from his JW activism than he could working full time in his business as a translator.

Think about this. How would he know? It signifies either a complete guess or intimate knowledge of his finances (and so a close relationship) - yeah, it does seem pretty strange.

I didn't even know Lloyd was a translator.

Paul's apparent silence on the topic of Lloyd admitting to using sex workers is not a good look, that's for sure. It could be read as brushing it under the carpet.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    jwfacts: Lloyd is very talented and has a huge personality. The benefit is that he is interesting to watch and has gotten through to many people. With outspokenness comes friction, yet he is learning and refining his approach.

Now this is pure bullshit and a few (myself included) took issue with it at the time. So we had several of his supporters claim we were impugning his motives unfairly and were dead wrong about him. And WE were the irrational ones who were causing trouble. See how Lloyd works? He wasn't even on this forum, yet his Gospel was being preaching throughout the entire ether.

What exactly was he learning and precisely how was he refining his approach?

Paul, you have a lot of egg on your face right now.

I didn't even know Lloyd was a translator.

Lloyd wasn't and still isn't capable of a Croatian to English translation. His wife was the translator. He proofread it, made corrections to her English and took most of the credit as "Director" of JLE Translation Services even though "JLE" himself wasn't qualified to translate.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Lloyd wasn't and still isn't capable of a Croatian to English translation - that's what I suspected.

Lloyd can't leave his bunker and get a normal job in Croatia because he hasn't bothered to learn the language (Hvratska), so there's no f**king way he's gonna be a translator of Croation to English (or vice versa).

I'm beginning to suspect that Lloyd can only speak one language - English.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

How can anybody live in a country for over a decade and not have a better grasp on the language? I realize many people over there already speak English which would make his life easier, but to never learn when you don't have a regular hours type of job is pure laziness.

As for the rest of this thread, LOL. This didn't age well. However if we could see into the future, many things would be much different. I know I have many mistakes I would love to reverse.

I'm beginning to suspect that Lloyd can only speak one language - English.

There was a tweet a few years ago where he admitted he did not have the talent to learn new languages. I think Dijana mostly covered for him when they were out and about. And they speak English at home. I'm sure he knows enough to go to the market and purchase items but he cannot carry on a conversation in Croatian.

Here's an interaction he had with someone in the Expats in Zagreb group in April 2022 about joining a Croatian beginners class. So if he's joining a beginner's class, he's nowhere near fluent.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s disappointing Paul Grundy has not said anything. He helped launch Lloyd’s career and supported it along the way. In those circumstances I don’t think it’s honourable for him just not to say anything in light of what’s happened.

As to why Paul Grundy claimed that Lloyd could have made more in other businesses, I don’t think it requires that he either knew Lloyd well or was making a guess. Another possibility is that Lloyd boasted to him in those exact terms and Paul simply believed what he said.

In a certain way perhaps it is possible that translation business could have made more money than the EJW YouTube channel. But this ignores the fact that it would probably have required far greater skills, commitments, obligations, and deadlines to paying customers, and a heavy schedule of work. Lloyd can’t even make his regular Zoom calls on time to his top tier donors. So in theory a translation business might have worked, but in practice it’s obvious why he preferred the YouTube channel.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    As to why Paul Grundy claimed that Lloyd could have made more in other businesses, I don’t think it requires that he either knew Lloyd well or was making a guess. Another possibility is that Lloyd boasted to him in those exact terms and Paul simply believed what he said.

Could it be part of a sales technique? For instance, Lloyd could have made more money doing ______, but he made the sacrifice of being a full-time critic of Watchtower instead. So we must support Lloyd's "work" because he is giving up so much more by being a anti-Watchtower vlogger.

• Simon
    Simon

Don't forget, before he was kicked out he was accused of only going to the meetings in order to use local members for his translation business.

Many JW related business outright rely on "affinity fraud" or take advantage of the good will of local KH members, so his company profitability may have relied on not paying the going rate and getting cheap labor. Once he was shown the door, that source of cheap labor would be removed.

What job can he do in Croatia? He can't translate, he clearly can't speak the language (lazy cunt) and he has no skills or experience beyond JW related matters. Even his YouTube channel relies on knowledge of JWism, same for his books (he's really not a great writer, and lacks expertise in other fields).

About the only thing he can do is wait tables for English speaking tourists. Maybe why he's located where he has?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit