PORTUGAL: Petition to terminate the legal entity of the Jehovah's Witness gets national news coverage

by EdenOne 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    When I said “Bethel” I meant the local branch, not the HQ. Those in NY couldn’t care less and wouldn’t think twice in throwing the local Branch Committee under the bus.

I agree. There is historical precident to the idea that hq will absolutely let individual populations of witnesses suffer a great deal of harm (see Malawi).

But thats not what was under discussion. You implied that the branch knew and cared about this petition, as if it was some serious concern. I question if even the portugal branch knows and i would again bet the house they dont care one bit even if they were somehow aware. This isnt even a minor blip on their radar screen.

I also question your premise that this is ‘causing quite a stir’ in the congregations. There are 50k active jw’s and 650 congregations. You have less than 800 signatures after asking people from all over the EU to sign. Your assertions dont pass muster.

Again, im not discouraging you, per say. Have at it. Hell i dont care if you want to delude yourself into thinking this is a big deal and that your really making waves. Again, have at it and enjoy. However your not going to blow smoke up the collective ass of the forum and not have some question it. This has been ineffective and will go nowhere. Take it as a fact check and reevaluate your methods. Or continue to paint it as effective and delude yourself if you wish, but your the only one buying it.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    There are 50k active jw’s and 650 congregations. You have less than 800 signatures after asking people from all over the EU to sign. Your assertions dont pass muster.

Why would these numbers matter in regards to this petition? Isn't it obvious that active JWs would not be the ones signing this?

The only folks who will sign this stuff are ex-JWS. That's it. This is the reason for the small amount of signatures.

Active JWs won't do it, for obvious reasons. "Worldly" people won't do it cause they don't give a shit. So that leaves the ex-JW community and even out of this group, only the ones that are not lazy or care about the cult they left.

• TJ Curioso
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

It seems obvious but what the hell let me explain anyway....

jw’s number 50k. Less than 800 from all over the uk (not just Portugal) have signed. That less than 800 signatures have caused a stir amongst 50k people is extremly doubtful. Easy right? But since you seem unclear on things let me explain further!

The petition clearly has no traction. Nobody cares if a small number of people sign a petition and a petition that has virtually zero chance of any legal traction at that. In highlightig the virtual zero number of signatures im pointing out that nobody cares and nobody is paying attention to it. See how easy that is? But let me elaborate more!!

Im certain that all 50k jws havnt heard of it given the irrelevance and lack of attention the petition has drawn and im certain that it hasnt caused a stir of any sort amongst the 50k jws, the branch serving portugal or the usa branch.

Nobody. Cares.

Its a mere 800 (less than) signatures. Its like jw’s saying they have caused a stir earth wide with their preaching. its insigificant and self important. Nobodys listening. Nobody notices. Nobody cares.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Again, im not discouraging you ... Nobodys listening. Nobody notices. Nobody cares.

Morpheus, sometimes I wonder if you're working for the "enemy" ... you've made your point clear with 5 posts on this thread alone. Why are you so invested in discouraging? It's not YOUR time that's being invested into this. Chill out.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

It's now on 916 signatures! Can You help here? ;)

Only for citizens of the European Union.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Morpheus, sometimes I wonder if you're working for the "enemy" ... you've made your point clear with 5 posts on this thread alone

😂😂😂😂 yea thats me, bethel elder.

• Onager
    Onager

I've finally signed. I'm forgetful. :(

The English translation of the petition is a bit scary though:

PETITION FOR THE EXTINCTION OF THE ASSOCIATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES AND CANCELLATION OF ITS REGISTRATION IN THE REGISTER OF RELIGIOUS COLLECTIVE PEOPLE.

I know they're dinosaurs, but extinction might be a bit much!
    (I'm guessing it's a translation error...)

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

LOL Onager

No it's not a mistake. It's actually "extinction"; and I had to use that term because it's the term used in the Portuguese Civil Code for the forceful termination of a legal entity.

The petition is now going on 945 signatures. 55 to go ....

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

You will make it edenOne

morpheus you were a bethel elder - wow - but pls don,t be too hard on yourself. you were giving and doing your best. Good for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit