PORTUGAL: Petition to terminate the legal entity of the Jehovah's Witness gets national news coverage

by EdenOne 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    I'm a citizen of an EU country... just about. Where do I go to sign?

http://peticaopublica.com/pview.aspx?pi=ExtRegistoATJ

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    I have already signed it, but to be fair, we all know that this is just a way to draw some attention and news stories to the subject.
    There is zero chance the government will do anything significant on this. Nevertheless, even some attention to the ridiculousness of this organization is already a good outcome.

The only thing I know is that nothing comes out of doing nothing.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    You don't REALLY think bethel is worried about this, do you?

Why would that make any difference?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You brought it up.

We know that this is causing quite a stir at the JW congregations, and, Bethel is well aware of it.

In fairness you didnt use the word “worried”, that was mine. So let me amend my remarks then... you dont really think usa bethel “is aware”, do you? You dont honestly think jw hq gives one single damn about this...? Id bet the house that 1) they dont know

and

2)they give zero f**ks.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    You dont honestly think jw hq gives one single damn about this...? Id bet the house that 1) they dont know
    and
    2)they give zero f**ks.

Finland, Netherlands, UK Charity, US lawsuit losses, Canada class action, ARC.

Who are you trying to convince that Bethel is unconcerned?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol absolutely no one. I said weeks ago if it made eden feel better to tilt at windmills then have at. But if you think a random petition with less than 800 signatures in some piss ant rinky dink euro country means anything to cult hq then even don quixote would be jealous of your ability to fantasize.

Its as pointless as the arc. You can mentally masturbate to dreams that this will somehow hurt the wt all you want but in the morning you will wake up alone and with sticky sheets. Have fun. Use lotion.

• Simon
    Simon

I wouldn't put it quite like Morpheus but essentially I agree with him.

The lack of signatures for a petition is evidence that it has little support and / or interest. Given that it's had front-page exposure in a newspaper, it's hard to argue it's because people weren't aware of it.

At some point it becomes about 'publicity' but the only people who are interested and going to notice are those already interested and convinced by the message - us, ex JWs (and ever we're not all convinced).

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Well people are suffering at the grassroots level and I believe that there is an unstoppable flood of protest against organisations that put such things as consumption, measuring progress in numbers and performance rather than in promoting co-operation within communities.

• freddo
    freddo

Ah but it makes a difference to that starfish, Simon - and even if NYHQ have no concern it will concern the local branch, because typically outside the English speaking world very little jw activism little gets through.

Portuguese is the language of Brazil and there is common interest between the two countries. And Brazil is one of the biggest jw "lands" with a "professed " 858,000 jw's.

From little acorns and all that. AWARENESS is the first step.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

When I said “Bethel” I meant the local branch, not the HQ. Those in NY couldn’t care less and wouldn’t think twice in throwing the local Branch Committee under the bus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit