Rainbow šŸŒˆ Law Makers will turn on Religion NOT the UN

by JohnTron7 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Nony mouse Recent polls suggest that the kids are a lot less interested in all this social jĢustice crap. It has always been for kids to be counter culture, now that it is your 40 year old teacher and the mainstream media and companies taking the positions, itā€™s not cool anymore

Totally agree. My kids and their mates are the newer school age generation and they think it's bonkers. Just roll their eyes at it all.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukgt1PojBaY&ab_channel=TheWokeWhisperer

Rainbow šŸŒˆ Law Makers will turn on Religion NOT the UN

This is what happens when morality is seen as an artifact of utility rather than God.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    I donā€™t understand how so many ex-Witnesses can leave the Jehovahā€™s Witnesses, but at the same time still believe in their theology. If you still believe the stuff the teach, why arenā€™t you a Witness?

It's perfectly possible to believe in or agree with some of the theology and Bible interpretation of the JWs without accepting it all unquestioningly, and without worshipping a group of men in New York, just as it's possible to believe some of the teachings of the RC, Anglican, Baptist or other churches without buying into all the church doctrine and hierarchy.

The same principle applies to politics: you can agree with some or many of the founding principles of the Republican or Democrat parties (in the USA) or the Conservative or Labour parties (in the UK) or whoever, without supporting the parties themselves, voting for them or fully buying into their membership and behaviour.

To think otherwise is quite narrow-minded, and is precisely what's contributing to this increasingly negative and polarised "us vs them" world we live in now, where it's getting hard to have any reasonable debate without it turning into a shouting match or - like this whole LGBT thing - an excuse for dismissing or "cancelling" other people's opinions.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - ā€œThe rainbow brigade have ridden a wave of regular people being tolerant, but they have overreached and pushed things too farā€¦ā€

Hard to argue with.

Par for the course when youā€™re a professional activist, I guessā€¦

ā€¦you gotta keep finding a new crusade to wage, or youā€™re out of a job.

šŸ˜

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I recently read a list of 'black-listed' actors. Many were black-listed due to "disparaging remarks and comments" they made about the LGBTQ+ community.

Frankly, I don't care what people do in the privacy of their torture dungeons, as long as all parties are of legal age and consenting. But I DO take issue with those who organize efforts to suppress free speech. That includes JW's who regulate every word spoken by members and former members.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember way back in the day, reading Wikipediaā€™s entry on JWs (still in at the time).

I felt it was fairly accurate, but one thing really stuck out at meā€¦

ā€¦the acknowledgment that the WTS had made significant efforts in advancing and protecting freedom of speech (paraphrasing, but not much), but, however, did not practice it internally.

What stopped me short was that I could not, in any honesty, refute that statement.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Quick follow-upā€¦

ā€¦looking back, I think that moment was when I first started to realize something that I personally think is significantā€¦

ā€¦that if you use heavy-handed (or under-handed) methods in your efforts to claim the moral high groundā€¦

ā€¦you forfeit the moral high ground.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You gotta watch GG4GB channel

He talks in depth about this subject.

That this could be where religions lose their tax free status and be punished for not accepting LGBTQ groups.

Very interesting times.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The UN won't be that which attacks religion.

It would go against their charter.

The Purposes of the United Nations are:

1. To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
    2. To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen universal peace;
    3. To achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion; and
    4. To be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of these common ends.
  • blondie
    blondie

In 2022 the WTS, adjusted the UN's role "Yes, Jehovah will motivate the nations to use the scarlet-colored wild beast, that is, the United Nations, to turn on the world empire of false religion and completely destroy it." So it does mean the UN will act on their own, but the nations with influence the UN to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit