Which of you readers are being shunned by their relatives / friends ?

by stan livedeath 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Funny thing, when I began my new life I met others who had lost family and close friends over religion, other religions. Others had a hard time nailing down just what happened exactly, they just no longer talked. A couple even over politics. A good friend "lost" his father over his avoiding the Vietnam draft, dies decades later never reconciling. People can be foolish about lots of things. Anyway it puts things into perspective a bit, at least for us.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Those who chose to shun me aren't my "friends" anymore. It's quite simple. If and when they decide it was a mistake, then it's my choice if I still think they're worthy of being my "friends". That hasn't happened yet and I'm not holding my breath.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I faded and all my JW family now shuns me. Almost all of my old friends in the org shun me. Some have reached out to persuade me to return so I blocked them. I really hate that the religion has broken up so many families and friends. They truly are wicked and hateful. I could almost overlook the false doctrines, but the lack of love was too much to ignore. After all, true Christians are supposed to be identified by love - I never saw it...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Mark Jones had this to say.

"Only last week I heard, with my own ears, Jehovah’s Witnesses tell me the following:

• Jehovah communicates with us through the Watchtower magazines.
    • In the “new system” we’ll be assigned an area to live. We must be sure to obey that direction.
    • My daughter has been disfellowshipped for 19 years. She has 3 children whom I’ve never met. I hope she “comes to her senses” and returns so I can see her again.

I'm of the opinion that if someone believes those things, they’re so far gone into delusion its not about truth anymore. It’s about desperately clinging to the belief system you signed a lifetime contract on.

Honest-hearted ones eventually see it for what it is and leave....(and) watch it slowly turn into an online-only governing body fanclub.... I feel pity for the ones born in who had nothing to compare it to and so were duped into joining. But everyone else will eventually come to their senses and leave if they value truth."

• Chichy
    Chichy

I am been shun by my family, i newly left Jw.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the forum Chichy!

Congratulations for leaving the cult. Sorry to hear you are being shunned.

• Backtomysenses
    Backtomysenses

Me. Faded about a year ago but not disfellowshipped. Even so, two of my adult daughters have chosen to shun me because i have stated that I will not follow men. Hurts so much..

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I faded about 12 years ago during an illness and move out of town- different circuit.

I "dripped" little truths and questions on the wife (3rd gen) for a couple of years and she faded, then read Ray Franze's books and was gone 100%.

A couple of C.O.s tried to have a "meeting" with me but I simply didn't return the calls or answer the door and after 5 years they gave up.

I "dripped" questions and truths on Mom for a few years and she faded. Our daughter quit.

Did the same with old JW friends on Facebook. Most are OUT now. Lots of material from this site. :)

JW cousins and local JWs are now frenemies who shun us, but we don't care (a few hundred people) :)

• LV101
    LV101

Unfortunately, the "shunning routine" does work for JWs and cults like Watchtower. JWs are a totally captured audience and WT cult scores huge in the psychological control of its brainwashed adherents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit