Memorial 2017

by wifibandit 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Instead of making a new thread for every little thing related to Memorial 2017, I'm going to try to post here.

And to start us off...

Cart artwork for 2017 Memorial invitations

vpmi17-E

• sir82
    sir82

Well, they finally managed to take Jesus completely out of the picture. The one day when a JW is "allowed" to think about Jesus, and they drop him entirely from the invite.

Maybe by 2020 or so, Jesus won't even be mentioned in the talk outline.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The WT dream is one of peace, health, prosperity......and pastel colored polo shirts and chinos held up with brown leather belts, and no beards or staches as far as the eye can see.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Talking about the Memorial, after I left the JWs, I had this nagging question at the back of my mind with this practice. Yes I know that only the anointed JWs would partake. But in Matthew 26:26-28 Jesus is commanding to eat of the bread and drink of the wine, because it represent his flesh and blood, and he goes on to talk about his blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sin.

Anyways after I left the JWs, I had this thought come to mind, and it is, if the JWs don't partake of the bread and wine (and this is almost all of them). Both the bread and wine are passed to every one that is in the building, and none, except for a select few, partake of the symbolic flesh and blood of Christ. Wouldn't that mean that they are actually denying Christ, and in short actually doing a Satanic ritual every year?

• prologos
    prologos
    T 2001: "Talking about the Memorial,

that was just the daily text yesterday, sunday Nov.13. It starts out alright, wine= new covenant= poured out for many [not few], for forgiveness of sins, [needed by all], and wine served to the 11/12 apostles that were not anointed [yet]. but then twists down to applying Math.26:28 only to the [not yet anointed], in the other, the kingdom covenant. and:

not to forget John 6, where Jesus said: unless you eat and drink you will not--- have everlasting life. Everlasting life= life in restored earthly paradise, whereas anointed 144000 = immortality in heaven.

good picture, it is downhill all the way.

• steve2
    steve2

Are the survivors in the tract wading their way through mist or spun cotton? And why is that so?

• prologos
    prologos
    Are the survivors in the tract wading their way through mist or spun cotton? And why is that so?

This is not a survivor scene, where are the billions of rotten corpes, and note not many trump voters among the survivors either.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

"Make the Earth Great Again" was there other choice - but were afraid of getting sued.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Well, they finally managed to take Jesus completely out of the picture

Sir82, I was thinking the same thing. They call it an event now??

• prologos
    prologos

Is this supposed to be a scene of the event in the new world paradise? then, there is an anachronism here. The celebration is supposed to stop with the last "anointed overlapper" called to heaven, before the battle of Armageddon, when he arrives; so what are these rather unenthusiastic nearly perfect people going down for?

of course, by right the wine and bread , if they symbolize the means to end imperfection, should be consumed right until the end of the 1000 years, because only then are sins worked out of our systems? right? so: let's make the Earth great again (great line ttdtt} with or without help from above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit