Theocratic Ministry School . . . is still there AND longer?

by warehouse 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The school is still there in a way. Just a rebranding of it.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I thought the whole point with this adjustment was not to drop the school just the title that has the word "school" in it. Too many legal resposibilities with calling yourself a "school" especially if children are enrolled.

Hey presto, some bright spark thought

"I've got it, we can just change the name and call the parts demos. There all fixed 😉"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah!! No school, means no "legal" problems with protecting "school" children!! It's like having a "personal ministry", but not being a representative of the WTBTS inc!!

Hey, dipshits. You volunteered to be shot, raped, killed by dogs, hanged, molested, decapitated, when you set off on your "personal ministry" not to be associated with the WTBTS inc, or any of it's subsidiaries. Didn't you know that??

*Disclaimer: Data-Dog's personal musings are for entertainment purposes only and are not to be considered practical advice for making decisions about religious matters. Any and all damages from using DD's advice are the sole responsibility of the reader, and cannot be the responsibility of DD. If you experience swelling, hot sweats ( especially the ladies..😈) memory loss, insomnia, hormonal changes, black-outs, paranoia, bone loss, muscle gains, an erection ( lady-boners included ) lasting more than 4 hours, unexplained cravings for chimichangas, Sonic hot-dogs, Llamas, Pac-Man, Bible reading, or the urge to purchase a Sham-wow or Total-Gym, discontinue the use of all advice from DD. ( Unless you're a lady with an erection lasting more than 4 hours, then send DD a PM, LIKE NOW!!!)

DD 😇

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations
    Wait- Now I wonder... If pedophiles aren't allowed within so-many-yards of a school, calling it a "school" should have legally kept pedophiles away... Hmm, food for thought.
  • Room 215
    Room 215

I disagree that the TMS is "still there:" it would seem the new format effectively ends the Ministry School, or at least structurally changes it to a point beyond recognition.

No more speech counsel slips, no TMS overseer, no second school; and participation restricted to just the three five-minute demos (six people at most), and at least some of which are likely to he handled by video.

In sum, a much smaller percentage of the congregation will be involved in the "Apply Yourself to Field Ministry," and likely, the end of pressure for the rank and file to enroll.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OverlappingGeneralizations - "...If pedophiles aren't allowed within so-many-yards of a school, calling it a 'school' should have legally kept pedophiles away..."

That...

...makes a disturbing degree of sense.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I still hate it. The damn meeting is almost 2 hrs long!

SL

• warehouse
    warehouse

Room215 wrote:

No more speech counsel slips, no TMS overseer, no second school;

Where in the letter does it say that these would be eliminated? I guess they could be gone, but I'm just going by the letter and not inventing any crazy ideas like the witnesses do . . .

Room215 wrote:

and participation restricted to just the three five-minute demos (six people at most), and at least some of which are likely to he handled by video.

Correct, but this is no different from the existing school, only now there are MORE participants. I say more because, previously there were three parts, with a maximum of 5 people. Now, there will be the same number of parts, but like you said, six people could potentially be up there. Plus, you have a bible reading before all of that.

The videos will take over once a month, yes, but the letter mentions they will be discussed, so who will lead such a discussion? Most likely the relabeled school overseer. Also the letter refers to participants in the Apply Yourself section as students.

Instead of fanatically jumping to conclusions based on hearsay and excitement, we should look at the letter with logic and reason to determine what has changed, and what will stay the same. We should also conclude that some things are unknown.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

"School's Out"

Well we got no choice
    All the publisher girls and boys
    Makin all that noise
    'Cause they found a new schedule
    Well we can’t counsel you
    Can't find a counsel slip
    If that don't suit ya
    That's a drag

TMS School's out for summer