Theocratic Ministry School . . . is still there AND longer?

by warehouse 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• warehouse
    warehouse

So I made a timeline based on the leaked letter, it is as follows:

EDIT: updated chart with color, because the html version was crap

So I know I might be crazy, but is the Theocratic school still there, just called Apply Yourself to Field Ministry? I'd say it's even longer because it is preceded by Digging for Spiritual Gems (old Bible Highlights), and a bible reading. So they had 4 parts, now there's 5; unless no counsel is given to the brother doing the reading, I guess that makes more sense really.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I agree, they still say the word "students"
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm sorry, the Bible reading is where???

DD

• sir82
    sir82

It's probably going to be a little different, more like a hybrid of service meeting demos and TMS talks.

Some of those TMS talks were really dumb, based on obscure characters or odd themes. A student would spend half of their talk building up a situation where it might sound plausible to have a discussion about Maher-Shalal-Hashbaz or the pronunciation of Shibboleth or whatnot.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OMG!!! The talks are sooooooooo watchtarded!!!! It's to be expected. You absolutely must ignore major portions of the Bible, unless you want to go totally mainstream and encourage biblical criticism, which they DON'T!!!

So what's left?? Trying to make 2,000 plus years of recycled stuff interesting. It like this:

You have three choices:

1) Rice, chicken and beans.

2) Chicken, beans and rice.

3) Beans, rice and chicken.

No matter how you spin that plate, that shit gets OLD.....

DD

• warehouse
    warehouse

DATADOG wrote:

I'm sorry, the Bible reading is where???

4th part after first song/prayer

DATADOG wrote:

You have three choices:

1) Rice, chicken and beans.

2) Chicken, beans and rice.

3) Beans, rice and chicken.

No matter how you spin that plate, that shit gets OLD.....

Very true, it's basically the EXACT SAME meeting

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

Pretty much the same. I think they actually starting preparing people by modifying the former Talk No. 4 (nowadays No. 3 I think), which had to ways to be presented: If it was based on the Insight book and assigned to a brother, it remained being a talk, but if it was based on the New World Translation the instructions were as follows:

When material based on the New World Translation is assigned to a brother, it should be presented as a demonstration of family study or of field service. The assistant should be a member of the student’s family or a brother in the congregation. Usually, the school overseer will assign the assistant and the setting. If an elder is given this assignment to demonstrate the art of teaching, he may select his own assistant and the setting. Additional scriptures that highlight Bible principles that tie in with the theme may be included.

I somehow think, they were preparing people to accept having a new "school" where the three talks are given as mere demonstrations or presentations.

• username
    username
    They started dumbing down the bible reading a couple of years back. The watchtower cannot have the rank and file read straight from the bible. After all, it would only take six months or so to go into complete darkness again. Only jeeeeehovahorg can really teach what the bible means! I jest...
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The "gayest" part of the TMS is the part where a brother has to give a lowly "sister" part. It's soooo Gay!!!!! I'm so glad I'll never "qualify" for that!!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "You absolutely must ignore major portions of the Bible, unless you want to go totally mainstream and encourage biblical criticism, which they DON'T!?"

I was thinking about something similar, recently...

...in particular, the fact that the more you read the Bible without WT filters, the harder it is to argue with mainstream Christianity's take on it.

x

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that - in the greatest irony yet - insisting that the Bible is God's literal Word cannot help but ultimately lead to the rejection of the Bible as God's literal Word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit