On a need to know basis - The Letter

by no-zombie 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    My wife looked at me when the new magazine arrangement was announced (virtually word for word what I told her several days ago) and said you were right. Interestingly I wanted to test the waters with a couple in our hall who deep down think look up sites like this. I played dumb by saying ....wow that's some big changes. He said he had already known with a satisfying look on his face, and said he read it on jw.org last night.... I felt like laughing and saying .......yeah right! What I did find interesting was what his wife said as he began talking to someone else when probing her. She said....yeah also from what another sister said that they are CUTTING COST by downsizing at bethel. She spelt out in chapter and verse just about everything I have been reading on this site and others is work at Chelmsford halted, lay offs. Again I just played dumb with a surprised look on my face. :-). What also Intriged me was she was looking at me in a way that kind off said am I saying too much here. Almost cautious, wary in what she said. I just said wow, perhaps we are closer to the end than we think!!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Truthexplorer: I just said wow, perhaps we are closer to the end than we think!!

Yeah, the end of believing in this cult!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The lay off were mentioned a while back because when I mentioned it to my wife she was already parroting the company line about send out more ones to be pioneers. The building stoppage may not be common knowledge to the average zombie, excuse me I mean JW
  • millie210
    millie210

2 things happened.

1) An announcement was made at morning worship at Bethels around the world that there would be cut backs in the constuction work and also a large number of Bethelites were going to be sent home in a downsizing move..

2) A letter was read at the meeting Oct. 4th explaining the midweek meeting change, the new simplified Bible Teach book and the revamped Organization book.

----------------------------------------

#1 was not mentioned in the letter that was read.

All JWs who are at online sites know about the announcement at Bethel morning worship because it is on the JW friendly forums and they are talking about it.

Most Witnesses who are not online as much for their JW information - still dont know about the construction halt and the Bethelites being sent home.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Not sure why people kept thinking this was going to be announced. The letter was leaked and we knew it said nothing about layoff.
  • millie210
    millie210

I know what you mean StarTrekAngel.

I think it might be because the announcement at Bethel, the annual meeting and the letter were all events that happened so close together.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    But there have been huge layoffs - I am still trying to establish the exact number from the South African Bethel which is one of the larger Bethels as it serves a huge territory - allegedly about 500 laid off.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

As mentioned there are several streams of info that have been discussed over the last week or two. Layoffs have not been the subject of a general letter to the congregations.

However, my understanding from comments on a pro JW site is that there was some mention made of it at the AGM. I suggest waiting for the video to appear on JW TV and then we shall see how they spun it.

• sir82
    sir82
    Pay no attention to those nasty apostate-driven rumors about Bethel layoffs. Look! Over here! A brand new shiny meeting! Look! A new book! Look! Flashy Bible videos! Looky looky looky!
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Yes. I do believe the layoffs and the construction halting is true, is just that I noticed how everyone spoke as if such information was part of the letter when it wasn't. I believe we had several venues to confirm the rumors but the letter itself wasn't one of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit