Attention: Active Jehovah's Witness Parents

by Sea Breeze 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Thx for info. I've never checked out online. I feel sorry for anyone associated/connected with horrific WT.

• The Lone Ranger
  • joey jojo
    joey jojo

No parent has the right to shun their minor children based on religious beliefs. It is undoubtably a form of child abuse.

Parents are responsible for the genetics and upbringing of their own children- in other words, they are 100% responsible for the way their children turn out. If they dont like it, they need to take a good hard look at themselves before blaming their children for their own careless parenting.

The couple in the photo look like a typical JW couple. They probably feel that they are impressing other JW's and setting a good example by shunning their daughter and leaving her to the wolves.

You want kids? Take responsibility and be a good parent. You dont get to wash your hands and walk away when things get a little tough.

• carla
    carla

We are a family of non jw's, only husband joined up later in life, we don't even know any jw's. Well, I guess now we do, one.

I can't tell you the damage the jw's have done in our little family. The things my kids did specifically because they knew it would be against jw-ism. The hurt at holidays and birthdays because jw dad all of a sudden refused to acknowledge anything, etc.... most of you as former jw's cannot understand the hurt with birthdays for example due to the brainwashing about birthdays. If you were a kid and mom or dad always made a big deal about how happy they were that you were born and very suddenly quit even acknowledging your birth day or anniversary of your birth it is quite hurtful.

Luckily (oh, yet another thing jw's are not allowed to say) my kids have found their own spiritual journey and know full well the cult that is jw's. They lived it. I am so happy they are happy and successful ( does not always mean $$ but are happy and well adjusted). My kids are awesome but I never let them step foot in a kh. Well, they could have but then we would have had to visit ALL the other religions in the world, something a jw is very afraid of. Use it, protect your kids.

• TD
    TD

These are Sarah Kellen's JW parents.

The older I get, the more disturbing that glazed, hypnotized, smiling with the mouth and not the whole face appearance becomes.

No parent in full possession of their faculties shuns a child. No one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit