Asking Her Out - Follow Up - Advice?

by Garrett 23 Replies latest social relationships

• Giordano
    Giordano

If it's me I'd simply suggest meeting for coffee, tea whatever. That way it's just a casual low pressure experience for both of you. Over coffee ask her about herself as suggested.......... respond when there is something in common.......... show appreciation for what seems to be important to her. Ask questions if or when appropriate. People appreciate being taken seriously.

Step two would be a day date based on something in common, hiking boating, tennis. whatever.

Don't mention the JW's or religion. Don't boast......... downplay your accomplishments like being a semi-pro tennis player to just liking tennis.

It's very appealing to learn about another person's accomplishments over a more extended time frame..........a first date is not a job interview.

Make a new friend first then a relationship may come along.

Best of luck!

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

Humor, if you're a natural at it. It get's us most of the time.

Confidence, in who you are even if you're shy. Don't mistake this with arrogance.

Look at her in the eyes, be present, get to know her. When you do this, your anxiety will melt away and you'll be genuine.

Don't feel insecure just because you have the JW past, if chemistry is there it won't matter. We all have pasts.

Avoid over pleasing. See her as your equal. Have fun, be attentive. If it doesn't work out in this stage, it comes down to chemistry ultimately imo.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    What Illuminated said
  • Garrett
    Garrett

About to leave.Wanted to thank you all for your suggestions, help and kind words.

Wish me luck!

Love you all and will let you know how it went :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit