JW Urban Legends

by Azalo 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Pwned
    Pwned

i know this thread is old but its really funny and i thought some people would appreciate it, feel free to add more if you know of any.

• Layla33
    Layla33

LOL! This thread is hilarious. I always said that the JW religion is a demon obsessed organization. Every noise, unexplained event is related to a demon. Every abnormal behavior is incited it might be demonized.

The most insane urban legand I ever heard was a PO who went around telling people that one time he knocked on the door of someone and he levitated, had green eyes and spoke in "tongues" - he was consorting with a demon when the PO knocked on the door. Some time later this PO was found dead in his home, unexplained, but the implication was that someone this demon he saw that day had imbedded himself in the brother's body - supposedly they found tons of demonic/occult literature, Ouija boards in his bedroom locked away...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

JWs should only rent from other JWs: otherwise, the house could be demonized. The story goes that "friends of friends" rented an apartment. But the night they went in, dishes started flying around the house and even their BIBLE levetated. They grabbed a few clothes and fled that house with a broom beating the sister on the head.

JWs should only do business with other JWs: otherwise, your stuff could get demonized. Some "friends of friends" had their TV repaired by a neighbor who (it turns out) was into spiritism an dused an Ouija board. When they got the TV, it started turning itself off when no one was in the room. but this was not a case of energy saving technology - when finally observed, a human hand on the end of an arm came out of the screen of the TV and physically turned the power switch to Off.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

This thread is SO funny!

When I was a teen I was told that oral sex was caused by demons, so any that participated in that activity were most likely under demonic influence!

Seems so silly now, but I actually believed that oral sex was connected with demons for a while.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

OH! and there was also the one that a sister bought a dress at a yard sale and went home. The next morning when she woke up it was standing next to the bed and she had to run out of the house.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

I had a Teddy Ruxpin!! I loved that toy, he went EVERYWHERE with me!!! "Come dream with me tonight......."

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo
    I heard another similar one about Don Ho. There was a big convention, part of an International tour, in Honolulu. Evidently Don Ho thought there might be dubs in the audience so asked them to stand. After several stood, he asked them to leave. After that story made the rounds, any witness going to Hawaii didn't see his show.

I heard this same story with a slight twist. Don Ho began his show by saying that there were "special guests" present that evening and so he wanted to begin by playing something "especially for them." He began playing the national anthem and, of course, only the JW's remained seated. When the music concluded the Dubs were driven from the building amid catcalls and jeers.

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

Oh, and my all-time favorite which sounds too good to NOT have
    been true (maybe it was?).

Four white male JWs in suits and ties were in a part of rural
    Mississippi knocking on doors. It was a warm day and the car
    windows were rolled down. Directly they came upon a humble shack
    on an isolated country lane. They observed a lone black man in a
    rocking chair on the front porch.

One brother hollered, "I'll get him!" Another brother exclaimed,
    "No, it's my turn, I'll get him! Before anyone else could speak
    the man on the porch jumped up and darted inside.

Momentarily he returned carrying a shotgun.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I heard this same story with a slight twist. Don Ho began his show by saying that there were "special guests" present that evening and so he wanted to begin by playing something "especially for them." He began playing the national anthem and, of course, only the JW's remained seated. When the music concluded the Dubs were driven from the building amid catcalls and jeers.

You got it confused. This story is about John Denver. Don ho was a witness.

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo
    You got it confused. This story is about John Denver. Don ho was a witness.

No, I believe you're confused. I Googled Don Ho and found no references to his having been a JW. OTOH I found his name in numerous versions of the story I related including one here: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/ordered.asp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit