Guys ... Be honest here ... Do you ever Pee in the bathroom sink

by RubaDub 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Never in the kitchen sink. but the one in the bathroom near the toilet.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Snowbird said, "Urine is a good disinfectant."

I don't think that is correct.

To be a disinfectant, urine would have to destroy bacteria. There is no evidence that it does this.

It is even debatable that a person who is not ill has sterile urine. Even if it was sterile, "sterile" means "free of bacteria," not "destroys bacteria."

There have been instances in military field medicine when medics used human urine. Henry VIII's surgeon Thomas Vicary recommended that all battle wounds should be washed in urine. Urinating on a wound to clean it in an emergency has become fodder for urban legend, but new research debunks the idea that urine is sterile.

Urine is not sterile, even before it comes out of you and gets contaminated by your skin. Bacteria are present at low levels in the urine of healthy people not suffering from a urinary tract infection.

But if "golden showers" are your thing... take a regular shower afterwards.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I will definitely be looking at my sinks in a different light. Thanks for the warning..lol

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think it's a dead giveaway to your spouse when you put a deodorant cake in the bathroom sink.

Rub a Dub

• snowbird
    snowbird

Not to pee on your opinion, Nathan, but in the backwoods, we used fresh urine for many a medical problem.

We'd even figured out that a first-of-the-morning stream was more effective.

Pee power!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit