Am I helping?

by be wise 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

BE WISE.

one of your first steps to helping others is letting them know how you feel,what you have seen is lots of postings at first are from hurt human beings,whom have been victims one way or another ,we allow others to see and feel the hurt pain and suffering most of us have either gone through or are about to go through,some postings are people and familys,either at the end of a traumatic journey werby they have come out in one peace ,some come out the other side in tatters ,broken and injured ,but the postings in general advise the toutured souls in such a way that we all come together and help psycologicaly ,that helps the spirit come together in a healing fashion ,prompting others whom have experienced the fall ,bringing the needy onto a steady keel able to face the world as a new liberated persons ,giving confidence to there lives werby previously,they had no freedom of thought,had been through some terrible physical and emotional ordeal,hence the first step to doing something positive is by posting ,the next step is to find out whom you realy are discouver new boundaries,as in your case ,maybee you can tell us how you left the borg without to much trouble ,what else would you like to do in helping others ????????????

agarpe

• shera
    shera

Welcome Be Wise.

Glad your here.

• be wise
    be wise

In reply to nightwarrior, I just basically stopped going to the meetings. Nobody really talked to me about it, yes this is very strange because the elders they usually come down on you, a few elders spoke to me but not for long because I was very unresponsive, I mean I'd had enough of them, of it all, 2 of my brothers had been disfellowshiped and I listened when they told me I shouldn't be associating with them but that's what brought me to my senses, I felt this can't be right, it's not normal to be like this. I was always very independantly minded, even when I was very young, I was just misguided. I think this is why they probabley didn't approach me again because I would have told them what I thought. I never really had any respect for the whole thing, especially the elders and so on because they don't care about people they only care about if your doing what the organisation says you should be doing, in my experience they didn't care about how you were, it was like if your coming to the meetings and doing your service then they don't want to know you and they just put on that mask smile when they see you and that's it, it's only when your not doing it they dig their claws in. The reason why everybody struggles with it is not because of so-called faith, but they will tell you that. It's because it's a fantasy and so if you don't go for a while you lose it, why, because your not being bombarded with that depressing jargon they reel off so effortlessly all the time, relentless. Actually, that makes me feel so glad I came to my senses, thinking about it now, I can't believe the amount of mental strain they put me under, I was so young, it wasn't fair, but that was then. I just feel sorry for those who are going through this at the moment that shouldn't have to. If you are still going and you are reading this, my advice is just listen to your instincts, what your mind is really telling you and nobody elses and that's basically it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit