2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Honestly, what a filthy cult. This is 1984 and the Ministry of Truth newspeak at its finest.

A critical look at how the WTS present their own history reveals them as devious manipulators.

They are ever increasing in their cultish ways, it's accelerating as we get closer to the new system.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    LouiseLane: And now in 2017 after WT aka JW..org ruined millions of lives, now they are rewriting WT history.

1975 was 42 years ago. Hence, those who gave away their retirement funds are already dead. Most of those who sold their house are already dead. The rest is a minority who hasn't lost too much.

My point is that those who would be in and normally shocked and hurt by such blatant rewriting of history have already passed. They are now telling what the new generation want to hear: Apostates are lying, trust us, we're fine, it was just a few nut jobs that believed that and than, blamed us for absolutely no reason.

Even 10 years ago, I remember hearing comments in the congregation going in that direction.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Just done a quick calculation.

In the Awake! Magazine dated May 22nd 1969 page 15 they said:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

If you were 17yo in 1969, you'd be 65 years old now. That means you not only would have completed your college course, but you would have had you whole career and be retiring this year (in the UK at least). Ample time to start full time pioneering while having a comfortable nest egg, family and nice home.

Watchtower shot themselves in the foot there. Just think of all those lovely pound notes that could have been flittering their way to bethel since 1969 from educated, well paid members.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This is happifying. What this shows us is, WT is hearing a lot about failed phophecy. Yes, they did push the 1975 thing. Our family was there at the time and will back it up. Not only did they blame others, they made sure they used the resurrection weapon. This is what keeps so many going back. Waiting on Grandma, Grandpa, mom, dad, kids and friends to return. It is a powerful weapon that works on most who have endured loosing a loved one.It is the only tool I think WT has left. These are desperate times for WT and it shows. Look at their theme for the 2017 RC...Don't Give Up? Really?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And now in 2017 after WT aka JW..org ruined millions of lives, now they are rewriting WT history.

They can try to re-write their history, but will fail. The "Information Age" will keep them from fooling anyone but the foolish (and those who desire to be fooled). Sites like this and jwfacts will continue to haunt them as more and more JWs question things and rely on Google for their answers.

• dozy
    dozy

It's not often any longer that I'm surprised by the Society , but watching that video where they speak negatively of those who sold their houses etc when all the time they encouraged it just leaves me open mouthed with the sheer gall of it.

The now elderly ones who stayed in after 1975 , sadly , are deluded fools ( and I say that with no pleasure or vindictiveness - my own parents are in that category - they too sold our home & left their jobs in 1973. ) They should have got out when they had the chance.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I wonder if the whole "overlapping generation" teaching has become a debacle so they're trying to basically distance themselves from any such predictions. You know that whole speech with charts that didn't make sense? Yeah, you read into that, so just forget it all.

Or maybe they are setting up to shoot down 1914. Damn, they have balls the size of grapefruits. It's like they sometimes just choose to rub their mistakes in the face of their followers.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh, wait, that whole part in there about the death of the grandmother seemed very forced to me. It doesn't fit, yet they use it to transition into the 1975 thing. It was there for some reason. Could it be that so many that never thought they would die are dying, and it is causing the living left behind to leave?

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

If they are mentioning, it means they are into something. Maybe dropping 1914 or another important date?

I know a brother that lived during those time, one of the few in my area, a die-hard elder who is always pushing the young ones to pioneer and not attending higher education. I think the witness from that era that are still inside have invested so much in the religion that they will never quit.

But probably it could raise some questions to the young ones. They're planning something I guess.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "I was dedicated to Jehovah, not a date." (From the video @ 2:17)

"Why would anyone who is really dedicated to Jehovah continue to following an organization that is all about dates, always has been, and has proven itself to be a false prophet over and over again?"

Well, I blooming well did!

We carried on because at first we said it has just over run a little, " Keep the faith" . Months turned to years and a new norm set in . The fiasco receded into memory . The way of life that was J W ism was ours , and we just kept busy. It took a long time for me to ask serious questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit