Got this letter

by Yesterdays Child 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

I did nothing wrong. Took care of my family and her ! This has been since 9/24 and I never thought she was gone. She could not even hand deliver the letter. She put it on my dresser when I was out of town.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"Could not the exact same thing of been said of you or me at one point? Yet, we woke up, we learned. Shouldn't we, who know better, be offering her the same opportunity? If anyone is going to offer a friendly hand, it has to be us, for it certainly will not be offered from a dedicated Witness."

I don't know about you, but even as a JW (indoctrinated as a child), I never agreed with the concept of shunning. It's heartless, cruel, and goes against all standards of normal human interaction and charity. I remember deliberately smiling at a df'd person who sat at the back of the hall. I also said hello to a couple when I saw them in public. I'm not saying I'm *better* than anyone, it's just that someone who *really* believes it's okay to cut ties with loved ones simply because they don't accept watchtower teachings has to have some flash of lightening before they see how wrong it is. JW's need to see that shunning doesn't work. It doesn't make people contrite, it doesn't make people come to their senses. It just pisses them off. All it does is tear friends and families apart. They need to see that the logical reaction people will have is not to draw closer to them, but to find strength within themselves until the JW works out what his priorities are. If he ever can.

JMO.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Remind her that according to HER own beliefs you are the HEAD OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD and can forbid your wife and children from seeing her whatsoever!

It never ceases to amaze me the arrogance of the JWs. They think the whole world has to bow to their policies. I say back-at-ya-bitch!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Black sheep, I understand your view and it seems to indeed be the most popular. But, we know how the Witnesses think (or should I say not-think and instead act under programming). A Witness confronted with hostility will not wake up, but instead see the animosity as proof that -- in this case Yesterdays Child -- is evil and of the Devil and should be shunned. They'll use it as justification. When a Witnesses comes face to face with friendliness, were they expect hatred, they're taken off guard, it doesn't compute. It's a flaw in the matrix. And, it just may -- though admittingly unlikely -- wake then up. My sense is that love wins in the long run. Though I certainly understand the pain and suffering of this situation. JamesT

• Maverick
    Maverick

Wow! I am impressed by the range and and insight of the comments on this subject. Dear Yesterdays Child: Taking the high road is always a winner. In the short term it is not as satisfying, but over the long haul it has the greatest potential for good. The children are the weakest link, they need to be handled very carefully. The womans influence must be held in check! They won't miss what they never had but will feel bad if what they have come to expect is removed. Only you know where your mother-in-law fits within your childrens lives. The women is ill, she has mental deficiencies. The WTBS does that to people. As long as she lets the WTBS run her life she will be mentally unhealthy. Maybe the children will understand this, only you know their state of development. Love is a great motivation. Who needs your love more? Who can you help? Focus there and let the rest fade. I wish someone had told me this five years ago. Maverick

• Farkel
    Farkel

Well, here's how I would respond to this hypocritical nonsense.

: As you are very well aware my loyalty to Jehovah is very important to me and comes before anything and anyone

Loyalty to the Watchtower Printing and Lying Corporation doesn't mean loyalty to Jehovah.

: Your co-operation in this will certainly be appreciated

I'm "dead" to you now. And you want me to "cooperate" with you now that you've declared me dead? Forget about it.

: And if you would rather that I not come to your home I will certainly understand that also and will comply accordingly in which they can come see me.

You determined I'm "dead" and still assume your grandkids can visit you either at my home or at yours If I won't follow your rules about visiting them at my home.

As long as I'm "dead" in your eyes, my children will have nothing to do with you. I disfellowship you and I do not want my children exposed to your insanity and hate.

Goodbye, or wake up. This is the program. Live with it. Your program is one of hate and arrogance. My program is of compliance with your program. You are not only out my my life, you are out of of my children's life.

Get used to it. You started it, and you can end it. You took away my rights as your child. I take away your rights as a grandparent with MY children. Too bad for you. You drew first blood. Your religion is evil and destroys families. If you love your wonderful Watchtower Corporation more than you love me and your grandchildren, they I deliver you your wonderful Watchtower Corporation and nothing more. You deserve what you choose to have and you cannot have it both ways.

(Well, that's how I would do it.)

Farkel

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Sounds to me that some Elder has been brain washing talking to her. She figures if she practices tough love with you, that you will come a running back to the fold. I would tell her that she is no longer welcome in your home and that the children will not be visiting her either.

Will

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

You may be right Farkel. Perhaps we should give back the same has was given. Perhaps we should let the Witnesses dictate the rules by which we live. But, if their way is the right way. We're screwed. JamesT

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

How Sad !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit