Adult Coloring Books

by littlerockguy 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I got one for my daughter along with some nice color pencils, she's really into it. I haven't tried it myself, but I am thinking about it.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

yup, another one of my ideas. cant say I was the only one that thought of it, but he who has the money for a patent and knows people always gets ahead.

fifteen years ago, i wished that I could make adult type coloring books, and different coloring books than what was in the store.

same thing with diapers made of cloth that have Velcro and go on like a disposable with a plastic liner.. i had that idea 32 years ago.

and now someone else rakes in the profits, sigh...

my 35 yr old sister is so into those books, she always liked to color. sadly, they are needlessly over priced. and why all of the sudden, coloring pencils cost twice as much?

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Yep, creativity is my thing. I am drawn to big open coloring spaces. The small detailed illustrations don't draw me in as much. Also highly recommended: Mandalas, Zentangles, and JoyRox (coloring on rocks).

I've made some of my own pages with my own art. I even have a few "kids" books that I work in. It's all the same. I don't care :).

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    My daughter and I just started a book, We both find it very therapeutic.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've never tried it. But plan on taking it up. My work colleagues do it all the time. There are a number of studies on the benefits of this past time for combating stress and anxiety

• talesin
    talesin

Tks to the OP, it's great to see so many people doing art, and with friends and family.

they are needlessly over priced.

Check my comment on page one; there's a link to free printable -- also, google free printable adult coloring (your choice of subject), and you'll get thousands to print off.

phaedra - I have a site with mandelas bookmarked for my library trip on Wednesday; that and some dragons. That's for my Xmas entertainment. : D

• cognac
    cognac
    but I decided to be her coloring friend.

This is just the sweetest thing ever!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

brilliant idea

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I really enjoy coloring too. But be careful of mandalas, I'm pretty sure they're pagan.. And that sort of concentrated relaxation only lets the devil in! :P

• Simon
    Simon

There's something incredibly satisfying about coloring in and kids love when you get down on their level (the floor) and help color in a picture.

Stay between the lines !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit