Adult Coloring Books

by littlerockguy 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Anybody take up coloring? I got Lost Ocean By Johanna Basford and I got another coloring book Mandalas and More. I just use Crayola colored pencils and some gel pens and thin tipped markers.

The Lost Ocean pictures can involve a little more detail coloring than I would like and that's why I would like to get more coloring books to have a variety.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    I have my Adult coloring book and pencils. will be buying another this week.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    I get all my adult coloring pages from the kids section of JWOrg.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Surprisingly, I find coloring very relaxing. We've started a habit where the whole family colors together on one big coloring picture. Anything that fosters teamwork can only draw a family together.
  • PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    When I was in bethel alot of people used the weeks watchtower article as a colouring book lol
  • talesin
    talesin

I have some free pages bookmarked; fantasy art. It's good practice for painting, too. I'll use my water colour pencils. Wanting to do some sci-fi fantasy stuff, and I can experiment with colour mixing and technique. I usually do butterflies, flowers, and comic book art, and the fantasy art is going to be different, especially with light effects and the pictures in my head.(which is a scary place to be, at times hehe).

Also, depending on the paper / card stock you use for printing, you can use other media, like acrylics, water colour washes, etc. Even traceable onto canvasboard, if you want to use oils.

And I have a new box of Crayolas that I am dying to use! : P

Have fun!

EDIT: PF, I do that with the weekend newspaper. B&W ads, etc. After the crossword is done, doodle some of the pages. yup.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Ahhh okayyyyy, I thought adult coloring books meant something along the lines of nudie pics you colored in by numbers or something.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Adult (not nudie) coloring books are hot (no, not that kind of hot) right now. My wife loves them and has more markers and pens and coloring pencils than most people. She really wanted someone to color with and had no friends in the Borg. Now we're shunned and making new friends but I decided to be her coloring friend. I don't get into it much, but I bought some small coloring books that we could keep in the work van. We take an occasional coloring break with lunch. It can be quite meditative.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oppostate LOL!

I've been giving them as gifts for a while...started getting into it when my boy's were about two, if anyone called and happened to ask what I was up to they'd think I was loopy when I told them. I paint and enjoy cyno printing but I find "colouring in" very therapeutic....there's some real beaut's of adult colouring books in the art shops this Xmas!

• talesin
    talesin

Lots offered as free downloads online.... the library is about $0.10/page if you don't have printer access. : ))

** click the link at the bottom for a place with lots of free stuff, including skulls, fractals (I think) ..... there's all kinds if you google. I just love the 'net!

LOL -----> oppostate mwah hahaha! we know what you're thinkin'. hehe

http://www.jdl-florida.org/free-coloring-pages-to-print-for-adults/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit