BETH-SHAN: Images of Rutherford's Bomb Shelter

by Bloody Hotdogs! 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

For any who are interested, Rutherford's infamous bomb shelter at "Beth-Shan" has been officially documented by The City of San Diego Historical Resource Board. They have photographs, plans, and an interview with the couple who built their home on the land (5330 Le Barron Rd). A PDF of the full report can be found here:

http://sandiego.cfwebtools.com/images/files/LeBarron%20Report.pdf

Mention of bomb shelter on page 7

Site plan on page 34

Bomb shelter photos on page 71

Site history on Page 73

Interview on page 80

Based on this information and historic images from JWStruggle's "Beth Sarim" video, I have been able to reconstruct plans and sections of the bomb shelter and "goat barn" as it was in the early 40s. My work is here (scroll down):

https://jwbeliefs.wordpress.com

Also, I would like to appeal for any and all images you may have of the main house at Beth-Shan - especially interior shots or floor plans. It would be very interesting to know how the building was used in Rutherford's time.

• jaydee
    jaydee

excellent,..thanks for the share.

Image result for excellent emoji

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Thanks for sharing his. Nice reconstruction!

WT tried to sweep this under the rug, and here it is exposed to the light of day.

• zeb
    zeb

Bomb shelter? As Jehovah's servant on earth he should not have needed one me thinks.

• Landy
    Landy
    Bomb shelter? As Jehovah's servant on earth he should not have needed one me thinks.

it does show a certain lack of confidence :)

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

Rutherford tried to justify the building of such places as 'housing for the returning princes'. The bomb shelter casts a bit of doubt on that, unless the princes were going to need it? Seems rather like Rutherford was building only for himself...

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Wonder if there's a "safe room" at Warwick for the Governing Body.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'm having a tough time thinking of any reason Rutherford thought he needed a bomb shelter in the '30's. But there it is!

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

Well, it was constructed around 1939 - 1940.... WWII was raging and attack from Japan was a real possibility on the West Coast

• schnell
    schnell
    Wonder if there's a "safe room" at Warwick for the Governing Body.

Is there toxic waste seeping in, too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit