Two JWs visited

by Listener 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla
    Outstanding job! wish my jw would knock on your door.
  • Sabin
    Sabin

LIstener, this is wonderful you were obviously very caring in the way you came across & this must have had a big impact aswell. Even if she doesn't come back you have given her food for thought. Who is Rutherford?

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

If they do return either together or not. It may be that there is some doubt already in their heads. If they are young and weary of the endless rules and control, you never know what might have sunk in.

It is very surprising that they talked at all or listened for that matter. Personally, I think you might have planted the seedling of reason in their minds.

You never know do you?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I said to her that these men professed to be anointed to which she said 'they are anointed'. I said to her that it we were not in a position to make judgement over these men and say definitively that they are, instead only God and Jesus had that authority to make that judgement. She was flabbergasted

Perhaps you could mention that a GB member was quietly removed as a homosexual (Leo Greenlees?). Not to mention all the peadophile Elders. I guess the HS was having a day off the day they were appointed or they are just deluded or egotistical by saying they are anointed.

The Searcher Has a great post on Christ as mediator fairly recently. I cannot find it tho', maybe pm him ?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was 16 or so, going door to door, I used the traditional

"Good morning sir, I'm taking advantage of this sunny day to talk with my neighbours today about..."

At which point he stopped me and said:

"No! You're not here to talk, you're here to preach. Let's be honest here, you expect to teach me things and you don't really expect to learn anything from me."

Though I got around his argument in an instant, his words never left my mind: he was right, I had no respect for what people believed, the why, and the how it compared to my own beliefs. From that day on, I started to be open minded. Through the years, the gap between what the organization thought and what I believed grew slowly but surely. 20 years later, I left with my wife and kids.

I can sincerely tell you that what this man told me that morning in field service had everything to do with it.

So what you did just there, even if they dismiss it, it will slowly make its way to their heart until one day, they will act on it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I didn't want to argue with these ladies but at the same time I did not want to be preached at, so I didn't labour on any one point.

You tried to help them and point out the religion's faults using recent doctrine and their own literature. Very impressive and you were very kind.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog
    you did fine work you hit them up side their heads
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    They didn't even know who Rutherford was?!
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm not surprised they didn't know who Rutherford was in the organization. They are younger. He isn't mentioned in the study articles anymore. And maybe they aren't the type to do much research.

When I talk to my friends,who are out now,I'm surprised of how little they knew of what the organization actually taught.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When I talk to my friends,who are out now,I'm surprised of how little they knew of what the organization actually taught.

Most JWs do not know and could no explain the major doctrines of their religion. The blindly follow along simply "going through the motions" -- meetings; door-to-door; more meetings, etc etc

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit