Ladies, are you submissive enough?

by Celia 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

I just received a magazine in the mail titled : Answer magazine. It must come from some born again christians and I have an idea who had it forwarded to me....

One article is : What's so scary about submission ? Among other things it says :

What does submission look like ?....

- The husband should make all important financial and other decisions for the relationship

- The husband and wife should work together on all important decisions, but the husband has the final say

- The husband should go out to earn the family's daily bread, and the woman should stay home to bake it.

- The husband is the president, and the wife is the executive vice-president.

Another article discusses : The delicate power of modesty.... all about how girls and women should dress so they don't arouse men...

That's for things like that I stopped going to the community church, after only 4 visits...

Edited by - Celia on 27 January 2003 19:48:20

• Soledad
    Soledad

funny I've been reading magazines like that one for years... but the title of it was Awake!

• manon
    manon

No

Manon

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Another article discusses : The delicate power of modesty.... all about how girls and women should dress so they don't arouse men... ????

Oh hell, now we have a bunch of fuglies running around, what kind of paradise is that? I'd rather be greeted by 40 beautiful virgins if that was the case.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Ummm... When I was a braindead dub I was told I was NOT submissive enough. I think Vampire likes me as I am and I am fairly happy with me... so who cares if I measure up "right" on some scale? Not me!

~Witch

• Scully
    Scully

Submissiveness - much to my husband's dismay - has never been my strong suit. I wouldn't have it any other way, either.

It was one of those "doctrines" of the WTS that irritated me to NO END.

Love, Scully

• animal
    animal

We dont live it by any doctrine... it is just how it is here in our house.

Animal

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Many years ago, I was informed that the congregation was always on the lookout for a Jezebel influence. I always wondered why several elders kept mentioning it to me!

I should have awakened to the "fear of losing control" (mind control) over another person back then, but I guess I was trying to be submissive! doh!

Celia, you are smart to let those subtle things influence your wise decision to not belong to a mind control religious group like that.

j2bf

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

( NO )

Can't say I am,can't say I ever was.

Hubby still likes me after 42 years.

WT dosen't boo-hoo NOT.

Searchin50

• meadow77
    meadow77

I think someone should tell all lame brain religions that peddle this type of Elephant droppings that what they bible says it that we are to subject ourselves to eachother. In other words the wife to the husband and the husband to the wife. Also, I believe men are the only ones told that if they don't treat their wives right, God won't answer their prayers. Pretty harsh, but it sounds like to me that God takes treating women with love and respect pretty seriously, too bad religions don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit