Rebel With A Cause....

by The Rebel 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Vidiot:- If you were a solely practical person you would say " a complete and utter lunatic" is a viable option ( only joking Viviane or did I mean Vidiot)

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane

It's not being "solely practical" to point out the obvious.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel
    Viviane:- agreed, but sometimes the obvious can get lost between nowhere than anywhere in particular. I hope that is obvious.-:)
  • freemindfade
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

O.K this page of the thread has gone in a " humourless" I mean " comical" direction, However I hope these comments do not subtract from the more relevant posts made on page one. Personally ( outlaw" excluded) I think visual images are often posted for ego and subtract from the GENIUS of the O.Ps subject ( only joking)

The Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Rebel and Vivianne...

Hey, even I try to be tactful, sometimes. :laughing:

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

If I were to create " my" Jesus for a movie, the blue eyes of Christ would be piercing,and the image of the man would be white, utterly sexless but very masculine. I would create a Jesus who seems infinity preferable to the " Bronson" " Eastwood" images of masculinity, He would be emotionally rich and sensitive, a hero to women, heroic and gentle with children

My point is every culture has norms to how Jesus should be perceived, and what values define what is " masculine" and " holy".

And this is how I see Jesus, a perception of people's stereotype, promoted by the churches to accumulate money, and control people.

The Rebel

• GiftsinMen
    GiftsinMen
    My Jesus is real to me, his character reaches my heart and warms my soul as does the character of Jonathan.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

And I am happy for you GiftsinMen, all rights to individual freedom.

We both live in a real world, a cold and lonely world, so I am happy for you if you get comfort with your real Jesus.

With out trying to sound flippant Mozart may work for some, others Nietzsche, My point being all of these people are dead, but their impact lives on and has transformed people's minds and hearts.

The Rebel.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I'd love to believe that there is a loving "son of man" who has the best interests of humanity close to his heart. I'd like to believe that he is more interested in communicating with and educating humanity than destroying it. But what I'd like to believe and what reality has shown me are two different things. Death, war, taxes, tsunamis, harmful pathogens that kill by the thousands... those are real. Jesus? Controlling storms? Walking on water? Bringing back the dead? Not so much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit