Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

A Believer,

Yeah says you. I know what I preach.

Excellent! I doubt it, but as long as you believe, god bless.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus did say Jehovah's name.....A Believer

The name Jehovah,didn`t exist until the 13th century..

It`s a 13th-century Catholic translation mistake..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"Meat in Due Season" turned out to be tainted and pretentiously false.

It would appear that in the JWS religious organization that the blind are leading the blind and the ignorant are leading the ignorant.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Outlaw No its not...

Jehovah is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה , one vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH)

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

A Believer 3 hours ago

We still love teaching the truth to whoever will listen. It's been taught in 240 land. So only about 20 more to go. We know though whenever someone doesn't want to hear it, it's not us they are turning down.

In terms of getting the word spread, what would you say has been the hold up all these decades? Television and radio have been available in many parts of the world since the 1950s and with Satellite dishes, even the most remote places have television. Even the Internet has been around for nearly 2 decades.

There's are Starbucks Coffees and McDonalds Hamburger places in even the most remote parts of the world. I have a former JW friend who is an interior space designer for one of these companies and this person travels to the most remotest part of the world to establish their stores and never sees JW's.

Even as far back as the 1980's adn 90's Michael Jackson would release a video and within a day the whole world knew about it yet JW's have been trudging around for a hundred years and most of my highly educated coworkers for example,who live in a high tech west coast US. city, don't know the first thing about JW's. Billions of people have died waiting for JW's to get the message out so that the new system can come about.

It's not that hard to do. Instead of spending millions on building an new luxury compound for themselves in New York, why not spend a fraction of that money on television and radio spots and so that when they arrive at the door, people know what they're talking about? What do you think the problem is? If this was a business, they'd have been bankrupt long ago. The only reason this has survived is because they managed to fleece generation after generation, by selling them a dream and a hoax. Spreading the word efficiently and in an urgent manner has nothing to do with their real mission.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Okay NY44M. I can tell you what we preach and so can the videos on JW.org. So don't say we don't even know what we preach.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Pete the good news is spread door to door just like Jesus did. Not everyone has a TV/internet. Maybe they don't wouldn't know about the website, if you show up to the door some would have been hearing of it for the first time and at least have an opportunity to learn the truth.

• TD
    TD
    The other Bibles say LORD. Which is the same thing.

The Greek text says: ό θεος ημων κυριος εις εστιν

κυριος in Modern Greek means "Sir" (e.g. You call a male teacher κυριος if you are his student.) In Ancient Greek it was an honorific with the force of "Lord."

Whether that stands in place of the name, "Jehovah" is an interpretation that a literal translation is supposed to leave to the reader. The word does not mean the same thing.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Kyrios or kurios (Ancient Greek: κύριος) is a Greek word which is usually translated as "lord" or "master". In religious usage, it is sometimes translated as God.

Google search brought me this. It's a title not a name. It is never used in place of the tetragrammton.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I'll bite, A Believer. What scripture directly says that Jesus spread the 'good news' door to door?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit