Do You Remember When JWs Relished Explaining Their Beliefs?

by minimus 141 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I bet most Witnesses could not explain their blood policy, their understanding of the Slave, and even simple biblical doctrines....They are an embarrassment to any old timer.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Many witnesses now could not give a witness, Back in the day we had to explain and place the Babylon book and answer any questions at the door, TMS then was a good help in teaching, now the great Babylon, the Internet, used for any teaching, otherwise baby food served up at meetings, teaching flock nothing , apparently they have reverted to testimony cards as well as the dumb carts!

• minimus
    minimus

Dumbing down

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I bet most Witnesses could not explain their blood policy, their understanding of the Slave, and even simple biblical doctrines....They are an embarrassment to any old timer.

That's my guess about witnesses to day. I think they love, love, love to explain a lot when enticing a person who's showing interest, but I don't think the average JW can articulate explaining things properly.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS does not want independent jws studying the Bible alone or even their publications alone or with a few other friends. That's what caused the Great Apostasy of the early 80's. They don't want speakers doing extra work and research, just use what the WTS provides. No extra points by sisters that add color and interest to a totally boring WT study.

It's being going on for a long time now...just gaining momentum.

• millie210
    millie210

Everything above is so very sadly true....

theres not even a Reasoning Book in sight. Now its just point to the website on your mobile device.

Similar to the old Victrola playing at a door in the beginning days.

So they have come full circle.

Another way to say theyve gone no where.

• minimus
    minimus

Russell and Rutherford must be rolling around in their chariots!

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Everything old is new again.........."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Based upon the fact the WTS's doctrines were devised and concocted to attract attention to the literature this religoius publishing house published and those doctrines are now notably false, what can you expect out of people ?

Truth will always support reality.

• Happeanna
    Happeanna

They are the most deluded stupid people on the planet, I am glad I got out when it wasn't as quite as dumb as it is now.

It is embarrassing to think my family still think they have the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit