The Watchtower Superstore,Paradise For Sale

by Voyager 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Panda
    Panda

When you state something which you lack facts to support that is your opinion and not a fact. I seriously doubt (IMO) that the WTS had anything to do with K-Mart (except for owning stock) or the scoops people. If the corporation wanted to make and sell these items ,so be it. But I see no clear evidence. In my lifetime I've been in plenty of KH and Bethel's. If you had clear evidence fine, but you don't. It's like the lack of evidence proving the evidence, and that doesn't work.. it's something the WTS has used to bamboozle us for years.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    They never pass the plate around to collect money at the meetings nor is money asked for pubicly.

*grabs a handful of popcorn from Purple V and throws it at Millenium*

The first part of your statement is correct, the second part is bull. They ask for money publicly. BTW, your spelling of "publicly" is rather amusing LOL! Anyway, Don't you ever get the accounting report at the KH? What happens when there wasn't enough money DONATED? The brother on the platform kindly gives you hell for not donating enough. The same goes for Assemblies. Also, aren't you reminded at the KH, and through the KM that literature is NOT free, and it costs money to print it?

Does anyone have that KM handy where they quote prices for the literature?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I don't know if that figure is true or not, but in any event this organization does alot. They help people even not of their own faith when natural disaster's occur,

And they make sure to blow a trumpet before them every time they do, by making sure they publish an article about it in one of the magazines. Besides, they don't go out of their way to help non-JW's. They send relief to the "brothers" in the aftermath of natural disasters, and if anything is left over, maybe they'll help out some non-JW's (though I have a feeling that most of those who are helped are Bible studies and other interested persons they are trying to recruit). That's a far cry from the human assistance offered by other religions. If someone is hungry, giving them a Watchtower won't help.

their traveling speakers go around the world are not paid like clergy

No, they're paid differently than clergy. First off, they get to travel around the world at the Society's expense - which really means that the publishers who donate to the worldwide work are paying for it. Ask anyone here who's been in Bethel what the governing body members' apartments look like compared to those of the average workers. They wear expensive clothes, eat in fancy restaurants, and drive expensive cars, all on the Society's (read = the publishers') nickel. I wish my job provided all those perks. Most of the actual clergy of "Christendom" that I know, by contrast, receive very small salaries and live modestly. There are exceptions, of course, like some of the televangelists who have become infamous because of their opulent lifestyles, but they are not representative of the average clergyman. And, for the record, there is nothing unscriptural about having a paid clergy. In fact, Paul spends most of the chapter in 1 Corinthians 9 explaining that ministers of the Word ought to be paid for their efforts. However, the only part of that chapter you'll read about in the Watchtower is the part where Paul says that he, personally, chose not to accept payment from the Corinthians because of the attitude that prevailed in that congregation. Even then, he allowed other congregations to contribute to his support as he also worked to support himself. So even Paul was paid for his labors, but for a specific reason, he did not accept payment from the Corinthians. Not having a paid clergy at all is contrary to scripture.

, they provide free literature for thier over 6 million members

Uh huh. For which the members are expected to "donate" when they pick it up at the Kingdom Hall, then "place" in the field, also forwarding any donations they receive there to the organization. And of course, to donate both to their congregation and to the worldwide work. And now the WTS has its hand out for $50 million from the members so it can expand its real estate by constructing a printing plant in Walkill (which will, of course, be constructed by volunteer labor - and what will happen to the proceeds from the Brooklyn buildings?) As Heinlein said, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch" - particularly not in the Watchtower organization.

, they build Kingdom halls throughout the world.......It cost money to do all these things.

You bet it does, but not the Society's money. Publishers donate to the Kingdom Hall fund, then when they want to build a Hall, the Society lends them back their own money at interest (contrary to the principle in the scriptures). And the mortgage is structured in such a way that, after the congregation has paid back all the money that it had donated in the first place plus interest, and built the Hall with their own sweat, the Society then owns the Hall! What a scam! Finally, I note that, like many JW's, you refer to the JW's in the third person, so that you can give the impression that you are some impartial outside observer as you spout their party line. It doesn't work in this forum. Sorry, but most of us here have already been around that block a few times. The WTS is in no way superior to the churches it so liberally condemns. It is a filthy little cult with plenty of dirt of its own, and it doesn't contribute a single positive thing to the world around it, unless you count misinterpretation of the scriptures and false prophecy as a positive. But hang around here; you'll learn about all of the dirt in detail.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Millenium your emoticon must be at a meeting..he's asleep...now I can't count you as being present LOL.

While your relating to the first century christians ...How big of a publishing company did they need to become in order to share the good news about Christ...They used the bible..not ever changing light from many different publications which they had to continually keep printing because the truth was always changing.

I'm not trying to attack you Millenium just having a little fun and giving you a few of my own thoughts.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome aboard Millenium

Brummie

• chester
    chester

Hi Millenium,

Welcome to the board.

they provide free literature for thier over 6 million members

I know of a case where the congregation did not send in enough money for their literature and Society did NOT send them ANY literature the next month. So their literature is NOT free

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    They never pass the plate around to collect money at the meetings nor is money asked for pubicly.

Why is having a contribution box prominently displayed any more virtuous than passing a plate? In every Kingdom Hall and at the Bethel literature counter, contribution boxes are placed within easy sight of the ones distributing the literature, so as to put pressure on those receiving the literature to donate. The plate is passed in Christian churches because giving is regarded as being part of our worship, and it is thus appropriately included in a worship service. There is no pressure to give a certain amount, and no judgment passed upon those who give little. Most churches provide envelopes, so that anyone who wishes the amount they donate to be completely secret can simply insert the money into an envelope and drop that into the plate. No one will know whether they have given, or how much. A much better system, in my opinion, than having the literature servant give you the hairy eyeball because you didn't drop anything into the box after picking up a couple of brochures.

And if you can cite any scripture that shows that collection plates shouldn't be passed in Christian meetings, I'd be interested in reading it. But there isn't any; it's just another Watchtower "tradition of men."

The love that they have for their neighbor is what impels them to go door to door teaching people about the bible.

Baloney. What impels them to go from door to door is pressure from the organization. If you doubt for a second that what I am saying is true, try having a month when no time is reported, and see how much door to door work is done out of "love." Most JW's detest the door to door work, and would drop it in a heartbeat if it were not required of them by the organization.

• integ
    integ

Nosferatu,

I WANT A TED JARACZ ACTION FIGURE!!!

You are hilarious.........

• sens
    sens

omg ... lol

btw...gizmo...this is sooooo cute is it your dog?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit