The Watchtower Superstore,Paradise For Sale

by Voyager 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Voyager,

The copyright on "The Photodrama of Creation" expired a long, long time ago, and the work is now in the public domain. The Watchtower has no legal rights to it and cannot control who uses it and is not entitled to any portion of the profit made by anyone who sells it.

You or I could sell it if we thought there was a reasonable market for such drivel.

• detective
    detective

I look forward to buying a "Lion & Lamb" necktie for all the men on my Christmas list!

• abbagail
    abbagail

I thought the Lion and the Lamb (mugs, etc.) would be a great new logo idea for the silentlambs movement. Maybe change the demeanor of the Lion (Watchtower Society) to have it's big mouth open with fangs hovering over the head of the little lamb (abuse victims). Then put the Isaiah scripture under it.... hint hint WT.

As for Stoops, I don't remember if it was that company or others, but I used to buy the plastic book & Bible covers, banner year texts, biblical greeting cards, etc. from companies like this. If I recall, their prices for bookbags were rather pricey, so I liked the K-Mart prices better, lol!

As for copyright on whichever items, there's a thread going about that very thing. I saw it yesterday.

Stoops is in Missouri, so here's their company info from the Missour Secretary of State Office, FWIW... Of course kickbacks wouldn't be "recorded," lol...

http://www.sos.state.mo.us/BusinessEntity/charter.asp?cn=X00339956

Name: STOOPS MANUFACTURING COMPANY
    Street 10 N Elliott Ave
    City/State/Zip Aurora, MO 65605-1325
    Business Type: Fictitious Name
    Registration Date: 06/10/1998
    Status Date: 06/10/1998

Name
    1) Carl E. Stoops 330 Farm Road 1052 Monett, MO 65708
    Street : 330 Farm Road 1052
    City/State/Zip: Monett, MO 65708
    Ownership: 100%

There is no Annual Report history for the Business Entity with Charter Number X00339956

Edited by - Grits on 16 January 2003 21:54:19

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

If there is anyone out there that thinks that the Society is not benefitting in some way from the Stoops Manufacture, then they don't know the Watchtower very well.

You need to prove statements like that. If you can then great, if not, then you are only lessening your credibility.

If a good business person sees there is a need for something, and knows there is a market for it, they will exploit it.

Like I said this company is NOT the first company to manufacture such items as the KM, WT, NWT covers etc, it is happening down here too, in OZ and I personally know the owner of the printing company, he is a JW not very active, nevertheless, a JW, he does NOT pay anything to the (b)org. He told me if he had to, he would not have done it.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Paradise For Sale

One please. Preferably with a view.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Guess they will "stoop" to anything for a buck

Edited by - Elsewhere on 16 January 2003 22:39:31

• Voyager
    Voyager

Well gizmo, if your so determined to defend them, perhaps you need to return to them.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The scripture in Corinthians comes to mind; "Love your brothers as if they were walking wallets"

I may be misquoting that...

• Voyager
    Voyager

I have to agree with my wife on several thoughts, and one of them is the fact that the Watchtower was even making money on us as pioneers. Even at a discounted price for literature, the interest was in their favor. More than this is the thought that we were taught that Catholic literature was pagan, and anyone reading those materials was to be shunned, but yet they are selling Catholic Bibles at Stoops, how can anyone not see, that there has to be some hypocrisy there. Even if the Watchtower could prove that there was no kick backs, they still are decieving the public, and using Gods Word to do so. Small children will want to take their coloring books, that their parents got them from Stoops to the meeting, because the children will classify them as spiritual materials.

If there are some who feel that there is nothing wrong with this, then fine so be it, but I was a member for 45 years, and I always knew the Watchtower to do whatever it takes to put their own interests first. Unity at any cost, remember? Can anyone really grow spiritually, just because their coffee mug has the word Paradise on it?

• Voyager
    Voyager

Another thing to consider, is the fact that the Watchtower is handing over Biographies of jws, and then Stoops is selling them. Do you really think the Watchtower is going to do that for free? Divide and cover is the agenda of the Watvhtower. If you want proof, just take a good look at the Proclaimers book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit