Helen Keller is not a hero

by StopTheTears 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

slimboyfat!!! I had to do a double-take and check the date to make sure this wasn't an old thread. I want to know if he's back for good, and if so, why.

Maybe somebody needs to start a new topic.

• Pete Zahut
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Helen Keller WAS a hero, to say otherwise is silly. Why is this a topic in this forum, anyway?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

https://1minionsopinion.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/how-can-helen-keller-be-a-satanist/How can Helen Keller be a Satanist?

This Signs of Satan thing I found on plime.com just now amuses the hell out of me.

If you think Miss Keller’s hand sign is just a coincidence, then you are truly gullible. If you were deaf, and wanted to develop a hand sign to tell someone that you love them, what would it be? A hand over the heart would be reasonable. There is no way that any reasonable person would develop the hand sign that Keller invented, paralleling an existing hand salute to Satan. The above photo is one of Ozzy Osbourne’s Rock-n-Roll album covers. It is abundantly clear to see that Keller’s hand sign praises the Devil.

Oh, I have to admit, the sheer volume of fake research into this is totally astounding. The creators of this site found a lot of pictures of people waving the “I love you” hand sign around and mixed in a lot of pictures of people doing the horn salute thing that sports fans, metal-heads and some satanists have co-opted.

I don’t think Helen Keller invented the love sign. I don’t think the creators of this site know anything about her. I don’t think the creators know much about sign language either.

It’s interesting how the same gesture can mean different things to different people. In Spain, Portugal and Italy, for example, the “Hook’em Horns” sign is a sexual insult aimed at men thought to be adulterers. Plus, the love sign is also a curse of some sort in Italy, according to wiki.

There’s never just one meaning for anything. Hell, even the Nazi swastikastarted off better. It used to be a symbol for good luck. Good luck using it for that now.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

No kidding LisaRose. Sign language has different gestures for different languages.

The Op's post was just bizarre.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

It amazes me that each week we have new biographies slandering the dead, written by people who never personally new them.

I guess phrases such as "could have" " may have" are a way to make a quick buck.

The Rebel.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you , Wasanelder Once .

Helen Keller was an amazing woman ,in my mind and I would think she would also be a role model and an inspiration to peoples with a disability .

Just saying

smiddy

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Nice to see you again, Slimboyfat !!

eden

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OMG, where's my tin-foil hat?

What a ridiculous OP.

• newsheep
    newsheep
    Slimboyfat, good to hear from you. Are you an elder yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit