Going home

by Yerusalyim 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Yeru

I am sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with the both of you. Please keep in mind if you take her to a military hospital they will be under no obligation to commit her for the standard 72-hour period because she is civilian. Also with civilian hospitals she must say she intended to take her life when making the mark on her wrist, if she refuses to do so and you believe this to be the case. You must repeat if she told you that she indeed wanted to die. Hopefully she will see she needs some help for whatever her ailment may be.

I hope that happiness and peace finds you and your wife, and this termoil ends soon.

edit, my words are being eaten by the forum and I must go back to add them again

Edited by - cassiline on 13 January 2003 1:32:42

• email
    email

I am so sorry Yeru...

I'll be thinking about you and your family...

Take care man...

• Realist
    Realist

(((((YERU)))))

that is terrible! i wish you and your wife that she is getting better as soon as possible!!!

best wishes!

Realist

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My thanks to everyone for your concern and well wishes.

Liza had become convinced that a) I didn't love her

b) That I wasn't on 24 hour duty yesterday IN SPITE OF THE FACT that she had brought me to work at 8 AM and had again brought me the car at 12:30

c) and that I was at one of her old girlfriend's house having an affair instead of pulling 24 hour duty.

OK, so reality is different for her. I stayed with her all night, saw her off to her partial hospitalization program that she attends daily from 9am until 3 pm (with instructions to tell her therapist) and then CALLED her therapist. I had a prearranged appointment with her therapist today anyhow so I'll be seeing her.

Again, thanks for your concern, your well wishes, and for allowing me a place to vent.

• acsot
    acsot

Yeru:

My thoughts are with you and your wife; she's fortunate to have someone so caring.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Cas,

Actually, the military hospital would probably have been more likely to admit her than the civilian one, the issue of insurance is more easily settled. As it is, she's in a partial hospitalization program in a civilian hospital, since she didn't actually cut herself they just had her sign a contract saying if she felt like harming herself she'd contact them first. I know it sounds simplistic, but these contracts are amazingly effective (I base that comment on experience with the field).

The whole family had a meeting with her therapist today, she revealed the Dissociative Identity Disorder to the kids. It was taxing, and a bit emotional, but over all, a good day.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes as my life kinda floats along here.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Yeru

I am happy things seem to have worked out for you. I know the contract for life sounds simplistic but I have indeed had much success with it.

I speak from experience with my clients and having them committed here on base. If they are civilian and I ask that they be committed they can fight it and normally win unless they repeat the fact they want to commit suicide to the physician after I have them transported to the nearest MTF. If however my recommendation a soldier be committed they my not question or refuse my recommendation. I am speaking of those who threaten suicide and refuse medical treatment, not those who are willing to seek help. I was not sure how your wife felt about seeking help. This is why I mentioned the possible snafu of having her admitted to the Army MTF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit