The Vedas - Scientific Knowledge - Prophecy - The Truth?

by LAWHFol 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Rebel8 / mephis - you're correct on the NASA / Sanskrit statement that I made. I did not intend to mislead anyone, however my research was lacking.. Thank you for correcting me, on my inaccurate statement.
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

http://www.brahmakumaris.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3480

The internet is the destruction of cults. All you do is search their key words.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy
    Oh they also lie and say they are not BK's and have no knowledge of them....
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Can you link the math items in the text?
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

EOM - I'll find the references for you, and either link here or message you.

Here is a General Overview, of the Math References.. http://www.krishnamurthys.com/kvforp/VK1/History_Maths_Indian_contribution.html

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

DoofdDaddy - Thanks for the link, which contains a quote, further emphasizing my point.. Oppenheimer - “access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries.”

Are you implying that Oppenheimer was actually some type of Cult Leader?

Perhaps you're saying that this is a Cult kind of like Scientology, but instead of Having Tons of Celebrities as Members, This Cult has Top-Tier Physicists,Philosophers & Politicians?

You might be onto something..

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    oofdDaddy - Thanks for the link, which contains a quote, further emphasizing my point.. Oppenheimer - “access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries.

You ignore the fact that the quote is from the BK, which you claim not to know anything about. Oppenheimer was a very interesting person, obviously a genius, but as we have learned, smart people can be misled by a cult. Oppenheimer was also quite enamoured of communism for a time, so I don't find his interest in the Vedas to be all that compelling.

If it walks like a cult and talks like a cult, it's a cult.

instein,Schrodinger,Tesla,Oppenheimer,Sagan,Bohr,Heisenberg - The Most Influential Physicists / Scientists of this Era ALL extensively studied the Vedas.

So that proves what exactly?

It seems that not much has changed.. Now instead of being experts on all Theological matters, you've transformed yourselves into experts on Typographical Matters... Your wisdom is something to be envied.

No, we are now experts on bull$hit, we know it when we smell it.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Ta Lisa Rose as I wasn't going to respond.

He/she is "hoist by his own petard"

They are a BK for sure

• Mephis
    Mephis
    @Mephis - Einstein,Schrodinger,Tesla,Oppenheimer,Sagan,Bohr,Heisenberg - The Most Influential Physicists / Scientists of this Era ALL extensively studied the Vedas.
    Why would these Brilliant Minds spend so much time studying the Vedas and making known public-ally their great adoration of the Vedas, if they are simply books with some "fun" ideas in them, as you put it?
    Don't get me wrong, my argument is not intended to Prove that God inspired these books.. Rather my point is that these books are perhaps the greatest and most substantial literary works to ever come into existence... And this deserving of attention, for any one with an ounce of intellectual desire.

Interest in the Eastern religions has been there in the past, and I'm sure it will continue into the future too. There's a whole host of thinkers of all branches of arts and science who have explored ideas from the Indian sub-continent. However... expressing an idea similar to that which can be found in a specific religion is not the same at all as signing up to the belief system of that religion. I'm unconvinced that all those scientists did 'extensively study' the Vedas. If the standard is as low as the odd quote with either a passing reference or, even worse, only a loose association with something one can pull out of the Sanskrit then we may as well call them all devout christian theologians because they'd have at least the same, if not better, understanding of the bible.

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit